My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Tuesday, April 11, 2023

A Threatened Knock at the Door

 1.  It is alleged that your stalker was in direct cell phone and text communication with at least one of the men working at a car maintenance facility you visited on Saturday, April 8th.

Answer:  Yes, it is.

2.  He and his far right FBI cohort appear to be horrified by the prospect of being held accountable.

Answer:  Accountability strikes the far right as an impossible outcome.

3.  Why is that?

Answer:  They've gotten away with their crimes for so long, they've developed confidence that they act with impunity.

4.  What happens when it seems that your stalker may, in fact, be held accountable ?   

Answer:  He becomes more aggressive.

5.  What are the specific threats you're receiving now?

Answer:  They're quite broad-ranging.  But the most immediate ones pertain to an assailant coming to the door of my residence.

6.  A delivery person?  A utilities worker?  Corrupt law enforcement personnel?

Answer:  I don't have that information,

7.  What type of attack is threatened in conjunction with this visit to your front door?

Answer:  The quote is "a soft explosion."  Given the oxymoron, it's difficult to know what that means.

8. It sounds to me like a SWAT team protocol.  Either that, or a delivery person handing you a hazardous package of some kind.

Answer:  I see.

9.  You sound unmoved.

Answer:  No, it's not that I am unmoved.  It's merely that, at a certain point, plans of the nature you are referencing normally lead to an arrest.

10.  What happens when the assailant is protected by far right factions of the FBI?

Answer:  Then people need to decide whether they embrace corruption or justice as a way of life.

11.  Will you be opening your door to accept an in-person delivery?

Answer:  I may be busy.

12.  Will you remain watchful, nonetheless?

Answer:  I certainly will.




Lane MacWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment