My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Tuesday, April 11, 2023

The Quest for Institutional Jurat Notarization

OIG Hotline, this is to document that, beginning at 3:15 PM  this afternoon, I traveled to First National Bank, Comerica Bank, two branches of Wells Fargo Bank, Fidelity, and First Republic Bank in an as-yet-unfulfilled effort to notarize documents for your Office.

Apparently, Wells Fargo Bank has changed its policy of offering notary services to customers over the past  four days.  All staff have now been notified that a banker must "qualify" documents in advance of establishing an appointment with a Wells Fargo notary public, and further, that only "bank business" documents will be considered for notarization.

One wonders whether the preservation of democracy qualifies as "bank business."

Certainly, a bank notarization process lends extra surety to the professionalism of a Jurat document.  Under the circumstances, I believe it would be preferred.  Whether that quest can prevail given the apparent attempts of far right FBI personnel to obstruct it remains to be seen.

On my way back to Portola Valley, I stopped at Ladera Shopping Center and called my husband with a request that he accompany me the rest of the way home.

I had earlier noticed two municipal "Traffic Control" trucks traveling up Los Trancos Rd.  This area of Portola Valley is rural, and it would be fairly elementary, given certain resources, to isolate a car and simultaneously cut off traffic above and below its location.

I continue to receive threats of being rendered "missing" or "gone without a trace."

As a result, I believe it is wisest for me to travel isolated roads in the company of other trusted drivers.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct.




Lane MacWilliams

Please note:  I continue to be filmed in public by those wielding cell phones rather conspicuously.  I don't believe notarizing documents qualifies a law-abiding American citizen for inclusion in the Nationwide Suspicious Activity Reporting Initiative.  Having said that, it appears the far right disagrees with my point of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment