My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Thursday, April 11, 2024

A Certified Copy Allegedly Still Vulnerable to FBI Tampering

 OIG Hotline, please be apprised that the FBI once again appears to be referencing a "certified copy" of materials responsive to my FOIA request in attempting to coerce me to accept a redacted draft of these documents, intercepted by the agency in the mail.

The FBI appears to be threatening arrest or violence perpetrated during arrest toward one of my family members or toward myself if I refuse, with seeming references to falsified witness statements coerced from one or both of my sons, as well as to the involvement of San Mateo County Sheriff's Deputy Rick Chaput.

To reiterate what I have expressed previously, I will be verifying with others that any receipt on my part of FOIA materials is complete.

The FBI needs to respect my right to review the lies the agency has told about my family members and myself, without redaction or omission.

Many people have fought courageously for that right to be upheld, and my family members and I among them.

Accordingly, I look forward to receiving materials in their entirety, without redaction or omission, so that I can evaluate the FBI's false assertions in detail.

The Herculean struggle to obtain these materials is only meaningful if I am ultimately able to review the full range of the FBI's crimes of falsified reporting against me as a law-abiding American citizen.

Thank you for allowing me to express these concerns.

Most sincerely,

Lane MacWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment