My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Saturday, February 18, 2023

Sworn Affidavit of Lane MacWilliams

OIG Hotline, I have prepared and lawfully executed a six-page affidavit pertaining to FBI involvement in events described in a coded message to your Office's Investigations Division, briefly posted on this blog yesterday, February 17, 2023.

Two witnesses have attested to my signature on this document, thus rendering it in full force and effect.

This sworn testament contains more detailed information than I have been at liberty to convey to investigators previously.  Its substance was included in a FedEx mailing I attempted to send to your Office on Monday, February 13, 2023, though not in the form of a formal affidavit.  That original FedEx mailing remains unopened for your examination at your discretion.

I have scanned the sworn affidavit onto a flash drive and placed it in my safe, to be conveyed to you upon your request.

A physical copy of this sworn statement has been placed within my safe as well.

My husband retains an additional copy.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct.




Lane MacWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment