My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Thursday, February 23, 2023

A Letter to My Minister

OIG Hotline investigators, I sent this email to the Reverend Matthew McDermott of St. Mark's in Palo Alto this morning in response to specific information I received indicating that falsified witness statements were being produced within the FBI, attributed to the Rev. McDermott.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct.




Lane MacWilliams

***********************************************************************************

Email sent to:  Matt@saint-marks.com. From: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com. Date: February 23, 2023 at 10:41 AM

Re:  An Important Request of You Re: Signed Statements

Matt, I hope this email finds you well.

I was delighted to hear the news about Nikky's new call.  What a wonderful track record you have of nurturing new ministers into their full strength -- leading them to serve congregations of their own.

I have been immersed in the process of furthering an investigation into falsified law enforcement reporting as it is currently being perpetrated by far right FBI personnel.  It appears that segments of the FBI have been co-opting local law enforcement, falsified witness statements, and many aspects of false "evidence" in a scheme to wrongfully implicate law-abiding "targets of interest" of crimes of which they have no knowledge.

I am sorry to say that the FBI appears to be extending funds to churches in order to co-opt the testaments of ministers against certain law-abiding members of their congregations, and this effort appears to be particularly concerted in the case of whistleblowers like myself.

Unfortunately, the FBI often further falsifies informant statements in a process that is entirely internal to the agency.  So, "witnesses" often have their signatures appended to statements of which they never approved.

Given this pattern of prevarication on the part of agency personnel, I would respectfully request that you review all previous witness statements you have provided to your FBI hander (aka St. Mark's FBI liaison).

Please insist that the statements in these reports correspond to your directly observed knowledge of the absolute truth, and do not speculate about "suspicious" behavior or uncertain observations.  Please omit all vague language and be alert to phrases that can be excised to misrepresent your recollections.

Because I am endeavoring to defend the civil liberties and human rights of all Americans in furthering an investigation of this matter within the Office of the Inspector General Hotline of the U.S. Department of Justice, your words matter -- and not just to me.  They matter to many, many other Americans who have been wrongfully designated by far right factions of the FBI as "targets of interest" for anti-democratic purposes.

In ensuring that your statements adhere to the absolute truth, you are contributing to the well-being and safety of many.

So, I thank you in advance for taking a conscientious and insistent approach to this request, even if your FBI handler objects.

Our courage defines us so beautifully in circumstances such as these.  I have been privileged to learn that my own courage, expressed in the defense of innocents, is quite limitless.  That knowledge has represented one of the greatest gifts of this journey to date.

You and St. Mark's remain in my prayers.

In Christ,

Lane MacWilliams

************************************************************************************




No comments:

Post a Comment