My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Tuesday, December 5, 2023

DNC Online

OIG Hotline, please be apprised that I joined the DNC "Divine Mercy Prayer" at 2:45 PM today.  When the Zoom video announced that the session was being recorded and asked for participants' consent to being recorded, I exited the meeting and rejoined as a muted caller.

Please note that this notification of a recorded Zoom call and request for participants' consent was new when compared to the prayer session I joined last week.

At one point, the minister stated that she had been muted during a prolonged silence and asked the participants how long silence had persisted on the call.  She was answered by another participant.

I did not speak at all during this call.

Having said that, given the FBI's desire to discredit me at this time, and the agency's AI capability of generating voices speaking words that never were spoken in reality, I will prepare another affidavit for your Office today, verifying these details for your Office.

I would like to be able to join a remote muted prayer session without worrying that the FBI is going to misrepresent my voice.  

That freedom may not be possible for me at this time, I recognize.

After the prayer was complete, the minister, remarkably, began to read my phone number out loud and asked me to identify myself.  I believe that she was being prompted by a third party in this request, as it is highly irregular for a minister to request the public disclosure of a prayer listener's identity.  Further still, to read a participant's phone number, even partially, over a public prayer line, is highly improper.  I don't believe the minister would commit such a serious breach of confidentiality of her own accord.

I did exit the call at that time with no words spoken.

Based on this experience, I will attempt to join the DNC's Community Sharebank at 7 PM  EST as a muted caller only.

I will report my success in that endeavor on this blog.

Thank you for allowing me to document these concerns.

Most sincerely,




Lane MacWilliams



No comments:

Post a Comment