My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Friday, December 15, 2023

UPDATE: Mailing for the OIG Hotline

 The mailing mentioned in this post is currently scheduled to arrive on December 19, 2023.

***********************************************************************************

OIG Hotline, my banks appear to be engaging in a variety of means to disallow my political contributions to President Biden, Vice President Harris, Chuck Schumer, Hakeem Jeffries, Nancy Pelosi, the DGA, the DSCC and the DCCC at this time.

Regrettably, I do not appear to have control over my accounts, transfers of funds from one account to another, approval of my political contributions via credit card or approval of my political contributions via phone.

In addition, remarkably, the far right appears to have the capacity to disrupt my U.S. mail, coming and going.

As a result, I will be sending a contribution to the Biden Victory Fund in care of your Office via trackable delivery to arrive on Monday, December 18, 2023.

I apologize for the inconvenience of this process.  It would be my hope that you might possess the means of conveying the donation to a real person who cannot be bribed or threatened into misplacing the contribution.

The far right appears to be determined that I not succeed in donating through a BVF fundraiser that mentions any chance of sharing a five minute coffee with President Biden and Vice President Harris.  My seven contributions to these campaigns were all ultimately disallowed by Chase Bank, with weeks-long time delays and no explanation, and a subsequent donation of $1,000 was just disallowed yesterday by Bank of America, for reasons that remain entirely unclear.

So, I need your support in ensuring that my check reach the confidential, efficient, and capable hands of someone who is incorruptible.

I will be posting photos and tracking information regarding this mailing to your Office tomorrow.

In abiding gratitude,




Lane MacWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment