My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Thursday, December 7, 2023

Donations to the Biden Victory Fund Being Actively Obstructed

OIG Hotline, please be aware that my donations to the Biden Victory Fund through Chase Bank are being actively obstructed at this time.

While my $7,000 donation to BVF on Friday, December 1, 2023 was allowed to process, my $7,000 donation the following day, on December 2, 2023, was not. (This is according to the Chase Bank customer service representative I spoke to on a recorded line a few moments ago.)

Yet, here is a screenshot of my receipt from ActBlue.



Yesterday afternoon, I donated $7,000 to BVF on the same credit card, and, the Chase Bank customer service representative to whom I spoke on the phone a few moments ago told me that donation was altered to $1,000 by a third party unknown to me.

Yet, here is the screenshot of my ActBlue receipt from my computer screen, along with the time stamp.




I cannot recall a time when I have felt more erased by the FBI than this one.

I believe that part of my right as a law-abiding citizen of the United States is to support political campaigns in which I wholeheartedly believe.

I wholeheartedly believe in President Joseph Robinette Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris.

The fact that the FBI, apparently assisted by Chase Bank, is preventing me from supporting their re-election campaign at present constitutes an appalling assault on our lawful democratic processes.

My political donations for today include the following, as documented via my email account lanemacwilliams@gmail.com:


I also documented my political donations yesterday in the following email to your Office's attention:


Again, I am extremely disheartened that my attempts to support President Biden and other Democratic causes are being blocked at this time.

I would appreciate your communicating that I am determined to contribute and highly displeased by this delay in my freedom to do so unobstructed.

Most sincerely,


Lane MacWilliams


No comments:

Post a Comment