My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Thursday, January 26, 2023

Addendum: Transfer of Ownership of Documents, Electronic Devices, Cell Phones, and Evidence to OIG Hotline Investigations Division

OIG Hotline Investigations Division, I have a total of four iPhones and four AT&T phones that I will convey into your possession for the purposes of your investigation.  In addition to the three iPhones phones already conveyed to your ownership (including 415-963-1467), I am hereby transferring ownership of the following five cell phones pictured here:



In seeking advocacy at various stages concerning my quest for fulfillment of my Freedom of Information Act request, I continued to hope to establish secure communications.

This long line of phones serves to demonstrate how profoundly law-abiding Americans hope to be free of predatory surveillance by far right factions of the FBI.

If one was fortunate enough to have grown up with freedom of speech, the right to privacy, freedom of assembly, a free press, one wants to re-claim those rights.

Surveillance technology must not overtake the principles which define our freedoms.

The human spirit transcends attempts at totalitarian control of its potential.

I continue to believe that we are more defined by our hopes than by their delayed fulfillment.

If the evidence contained on these phones can help to protect our democracy from those on the far right who prefer autocratic governance, this striving will have been my privilege.


Lane MacWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment