My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Sunday, January 15, 2023

Documentation of Destroyed Lottery Tickets

OIG Hotline investigators, I have received many apparent bribery attempts referring to suggestions that I should "play the lottery."  I ignored these communications altogether.

Having said that, five minutes ago, my husband disclosed to me that he had found three lottery tickets on the floor at his company, Mxxxxxxxx, directly outside his office on Friday, January 13, 2023.

He inquired who they belonged to, and found no one.  Apparently, numerous employees suggested that the tickets were "his" since he had found them.

At my request, my husband destroyed these tickets in the fireplace while I filmed that process with my iPhone. (For those who have access to my gmail lanemacwilliams@gmail.com, this film is available in an email sent from my iPhone at 5:09 PM today, January 15, 2023, under the subject heading "Documentation of Destroyed Lottery Tickets.")

We made no note of the numbers involved.  We have no idea whether these were "winning" tickets.

To be clear, neither my husband nor I will be purchasing any lottery tickets.

We are not seeking a "payoff."

I stand as a whistleblower of FBI malfeasance in the form of knowingly falsified law enforcement reporting for anti-democratic objectives.

I will not respond to offers of bribes in return for keeping silent on this issue.

I will not give way to threats intended to enforce my silence in this matter.

I view the actions of far right factions of the FBI and their affiliates to constitute an insider threat to our nation.

I am attempting to illuminate the truth of that matter for the American electorate, so that the civil liberties and human rights promised within the Constitution and the Bill of Rights may be preserved.  That is an endeavor informed by the highest principles.  My husband has extended himself in supporting my efforts in this same spirit.

Not everyone is corruptible.

Some Americans, and I count my husband and myself foremost among them, simply care profoundly about the future of our democracy.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct.

Most sincerely,




Lane MacWilliams


No comments:

Post a Comment