My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Saturday, January 28, 2023

Addendum: Transfer of Ownership of AFE Letter to OIG Hotline Investigations Division

January 28, 2023

This is to transfer full ownership of the mailing pictured below to the Investigations Division of the Office of the Inspector General Hotline of the U.S. Department of Justice.  



The letter pictured herewith has not been taken into possession by me, nor has it been taken into possession by Ken MacWilliams, Graham MacWilliams, or Duncan MacWilliams.

I have attempted to arrange for its forwarding to the OIG Hotline Investigations Division through a request to my U.S. postal delivery carrier, taped to our Portola Valley residence's mailbox yesterday, January 27, 2023 which reads as follows:



The mailing pictured at the beginning of this post appears to have originated from the L.A. Flower Market of the American Florists' Exchange and to be addressed to me, Lane MacWilliams, as recipient.  

The photograph of this letter was forwarded to my possession through the USPS Informed Delivery service via email to lanemacwilliams@gmail.com on Friday, January 27, 2023 at 7:19 AM.

Due to the fact that AFE and AFE employee Jim Mellano are signatory to Infragard, and due to the fact that Jim Mellano agreed, out of deference to security concerns, not to send any physical mailing to my home address, the existence of the letter represents a substantive security risk to my family.

The possibility that FBI personnel have specified the contents of this mailing in some manner with the intent of falsely implicating one or more members of my family of wrongdoing cannot be discounted.

A potential objective on the part of the FBI to stage an unjustified law enforcement raid on my family's home or homes as the result of the letter's existence cannot be discounted.

This is to confirm that I reject delivery of this letter.   

In addition, this is to confirm that Ken MacWilliams, Graham MacWilliams and Duncan MacWilliams reject delivery of this letter.

To clarify:  full and permanent ownership of this mailing in its entirety is herewith conveyed to the Investigations Division of the Office of the Inspector General Hotline of the U.S. Department of Justice.

This transfer of ownership is made of my own free will and accord.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct.




Lane MacWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment