My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Monday, January 2, 2023

Heartfelt Appreciation for the Honorable House Speaker Nancy Pelosi

The Honorable House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has been a heroic defender of democracy, as has her courageous family, for many years.

Our country has been immensely fortunate to have her leadership and guidance within the House, and I trust that leadership will continue in the forms she deems most appropriate in 2023 and beyond.

This is simply an expression of appreciation for her wise and firm presence at the helm of the House  throughout what has been an unusually conflicted period in our nation's history.

Her presence has brought me great reassurance that the House leadership has been fully engaged in protecting the future of our democracy, and I can only express my hope that she will continue to exercise that leadership in guiding the American people forward.

I hold her husband's full recovery in my daily prayers.

In profound gratitude for her generous and ongoing service to our nation,




Lane MacWilliams






No comments:

Post a Comment