My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Do FBI Informants Owe Taxes to the IRS on Unreported Income from Infragard?

OIG Hotline investigators, I include below my emails to CPA JoAnn Chow and handyman Jay Gans regarding Mr. Gans' contractor status vis a vis tax concerns.

Mentioned in both of these communications is the fact that FBI informants are apparently engaging in tax evasion in failing to report to federal and state tax authorities their compensation from Infragard.

My concern is that, in concealing payoffs from Infragard, the FBI is conducting itself in a manner more aligned with organized crime than with federal law enforcement.  The IRS deserves to know who is being compensated by the FBI, to what degree, in what currency, and for what services.  This transparency and accountability can greatly assist our duly elected representatives in assessing the extent to which Infragard has served as a conduit for corruption of the Nationwide Suspicious Activity Reporting Initiative, as well as the FBI's affiliated "target of interest" program.

Further, the American people deserve to know the extent to which their tax dollars are supporting informants who are being coerced to misreport the activities of law-abiding American citizens.

The IRS has played a major role in halting the activities of organized crime in the past.  

I believe this agency might play a leading role in halting illegal activities of far right FBI personnel at present.

Far right members of the FBI would like to utilize cryptocurrency accounts to control the conduct of the American electorate.

Yet, I think the interests of our democracy would indicate that we should be supporting the lawful, accountable, traceable documentation of the FBI's compensation of informants -- and preferably in the form of the U.S. dollar through transfers that are taxed.

Most sincerely,




Lane MacWilliams

*************************************************************************************

Email sent to: joann@cocpas.com. From: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com. Date: January 17, 2023 at 9:07 AM

Re: Inquiry to Jay Gans Concerning His Independent Contractor Status

JoAnn, one area of tax evaluation in which I have been completely stymied involves potential payroll taxes for our Cape Cod handyman, Jay Gans.

In general, Mr. Gans determines the work to be done and how and when it is to be done, demonstrating near-total independence in his tasks and their timing.  There are minor exceptions, as when our insurance company required quotes for the installation of some handrails at the property.  But this requirement was prompted by MPIUA's FBI liaison, as was Jay Gans' entire quoting process -- all of which is to say that I myself was not directing the work.

Later, when I requested more specifics from our insurance company, MPIUA, the entire demand for the handrails (about which the insurance company had been adamant) was suddenly dropped.

In truth, Mr. Gans violated some very important professional requirements in 2022, as when he opened up walls at the property without permission, and sealed them again, also without consent.  Again, there is autonomy here, even to the point that I am concerned he may have undermined my interests as Trustee of the property.

Mr. Gans' primary employer is represented by the FBI/Infragard, which compensates him much more generously than I do and which dictates everything he does at my property -- content of work, timing, and manner of completion.  Whether Mr. Gans is paying taxes on his compensation from the FBI/Infragard may well be a matter of concern for the IRS, but there's not much I can do about this aspect of his tax evasion other than highlight it publicly.

I have asked Mr. Gans repeatedly whether he has reported my payments to him on his yearly income and whether he has paid taxes on that income, only to be met with complete and utter silence.

Of further concern, I routinely receive threats from FBI affiliates pertaining to taxes owed, as if the FBI wields the threat of IRS audit with the specific intention of exerting control over me as an FBI whistleblower.

The entire experience has left me with a powerful impression of far right elements within the FBI having much more in common with organized crime than law enforcement.

Still, I have written to Mr. Gans about the subject of taxes once more, as you will see below.

I will let you know if I hear anything back from him.

Sincerely,

Lane MacWilliams

************************************************************************************

Email sent to: jaygans@juno.com. From: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com. Date: January 17, 2023 at 9:01 AM

Re: Details concerning your status as an independent contractor

Jay, may I ask whether you have reported your pay from me as part of your income documented for federal and state tax authorities in previous years?

In attempting to evaluate the question of whether I ought to pay payroll taxes for you, I have considered the manner in which you conduct your work at 40 Gansett.

It seems to me that your actual employer is the FBI/Infragard, which compensates you much more generously than I do and which dictates everything you do at my property -- content of the work, timing, and manner of completion -- even going so far as to compensate you for "work" that contravenes in every way my interests as Trustee of the property.  (Whether you are paying taxes on your compensation from the FBI/Infragard may well be a matter of concern for the IRS, as I think informant compensation represents an immense gap in federal revenue collected.  But this is between you and the IRS.)

Adding to the challenges in this situation, I regularly receive threats from FBI affiliates of a unique type of "enhanced" IRS audit.  Apparently, this is one of the levers certain far right FBI personnel are attempting to wield in motivating my silence as a whistleblower of FBI corruption.

All of which is to say, I would appreciate your answer to the question with which I began this email:  have you reported your pay from me as part of your income documented for federal and state tax authorities in previous years?

If you decline to answer this question, you agree to the following: you consider yourself a self-employed contractor; as such, you accept full financial and legal responsibility for reporting to both federal and state tax authorities all of my payments to you over time, including the amendment and restating of prior years' tax returns; and further, you accept full financial and legal responsibility for paying federal and state tax on all remuneration I have extended to you.

Otherwise, I am of course happy to discuss these details with you so that we can reach a prompt resolution that allows me to fully address any outstanding tax liability on my part or on the part of the Trust.

I respectfully request your reply by January 25, 2023.

Thank you very much for your cooperation in this matter,

Lane MacWilliams

*************************************************************************************


No comments:

Post a Comment