My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Monday, January 9, 2023

When the FBI's False Accusations Threaten a Whistleblower's Husband

1.  Your husband is attending a conference with a few hundred semiconductor professionals at the same time that the FBI appears desperate to justify its false reporting concerning "espionage" or "terrorism" allegations against your family.

Answer:  True.

2.  How do you feel about that?

Answer:  Extremely concerned.  Yesterday, I received the following messages on my Pegasus-hacked iPhone.  My husband is apparently the "family man" for whom the "trap has been set," in order to falsely allege that he is a "spy" of some kind.  There's even a reference to "framing" in one of the messages.




  

3.  What are your feelings about this?

Answer:  My distinct impression is that the FBI leadership is not remorseful for its lies about the law-abiding American public.  These individuals are making a bid for totalitarian control over American society, and they're still confident and aggressive enough to feel that they may get away with it.

4.  Do you believe that your husband is vulnerable to falsified law enforcement reporting?

Answer:  Everyone is vulnerable to the falsified reporting in which far right segments of the FBI are currently engaged.  All Americans, certainly.

My husband is an individual of exceptionally high integrity, and so am I.  But both of us have been preyed upon by wayward FBI personnel who appear to be actively perpetrating falsified law enforcement reporting for anti-democratic objectives.

I have had the temerity to point out that fact, and so it would appear that my family has been targeted by the agency in ways that exceed the bounds of ethics and conscience.

I do think that people should be prosecuted for making these false claims against my law-abiding family.  There is no excuse for these predations.

FBI personnel take a vow to uphold the Constitution with every job they accept within the agency.  These vows need to be vigorously enforced in order for our democracy to be defended.  Otherwise, we will have given away our most cherished civil liberties and human rights as American citizens.

5.  Is your husband worried about the prospect of false accusations being extended by the FBI and its affiliates?

Answer:  Not particularly.

6.  Why not?

Answer:  My husband is a person of immense good faith, as am I.  But it's necessary to understand that benevolent people tend to assume that their values are shared by others.  History shows us that, in circumstances such as this one, when a far right political threat emerges with the help of federal law enforcement within a given country, benevolent people are often late in understanding the nature of the bid for autocracy.  

My husband is quite insightful when he is commenting on the perfidies of the January 6th rioters.  But he is much more reluctant to acknowledge that the crimes of the far right may be affecting him personally.

7.  What are the risks if FBI affiliates lie about your husband's words or actions at this conference as a result of being coerced by their FBI handlers?

Answer:  For our law-abiding family, the risks are limitless.  They would likely include false arrest, physical attack in any of the numerous forms that have already been threatened, a discrediting of our family at the precise moment that investigators have made great strides in illuminating FBI malfeasance in this case.

8.  Is there a point at which the FBI leadership can be instructed to halt its predations toward your family?  A point at which the agency can be held accountable for the lies the agency has already told?

Answer:  I have to believe that's possible.

9.  Yet, you are deeply concerned for your husband in the meantime.

Answer:  I certainly am.

10.  You have described the fortitude required of both you and your husband to reach this point as "superhuman."

Answer:  The commitment to illuminate the truth of the FBI's engagement in falsified law enforcement reporting for anti-democratic objectives has required superhuman strength and endurance, without question.  The FBI has 36,000 employees and limitless affiliates to prepare ruses, deceits, and disinformation.  My husband and I are two highly engaged American citizens who support a democracy founded on the truth.

11.  Why have you not given up before now?

Answer:  Because I don't know how to give up on the good people of this country.  I don't know how to give up on the democracy on which so many fine Americans have placed their hopes.  I don't know how to give up on the freedoms I want my children and my neighbors' children to claim as their own.  I don't know how to give up on the possibility that my contribution might mean something important to others who care about the fate of democracies all over the world.  

And beyond all of these things, I don't know how to give up on the truth.

12.  You are persisting, because there is no other path forward for you and your husband as Americans of character and integrity.

Answer:  That's exactly right.

*************************************************************************************
The FBI is a deeply divided agency.  There are many FBI employees who view their vows to the Constitution with the utmost seriousness and honor, and who strive to defend the fundamentals of our democracy with courage, fortitude and commitment.  The fact that some segments of the FBI appear to have embraced a lawless course is not a justification to assail the FBI in general.  The safety of FBI agents should be protected, just as the safety of the American citizenry should be protected.  As President Joseph R. Biden has so rightly expressed, violence is never justified in any circumstance.  The rule of law must always be honored and upheld.  It is our shared determination to preserve the civil liberties and human rights of ALL AMERICANS that renders the United States a democracy.  We must never abandon this promise.  All of our most cherished freedoms depend upon it.

No comments:

Post a Comment