My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Update: FedEx Mailing to OIG Hotline Investigations Division

Update:  OIG Hotline, this is the delivery confirmation with which I have been provided by FedEx, showing that A. Owens signed for FedEx package #398749539251 at 9:18 AM this morning, May 25, 2023.

Please note that pages 9.2, 18.3, 22.4, and 26.4 have been left blank.

All other pages contain content within the 152 page total of this mailing.

Lane MacWilliams


**********************************************************************************


OIG Hotline, I am informed that some of my recent faxes to you appeared to suffer from missing pages.

Indeed, there were unexplained pauses in the faxing process, when five minutes would pass without a progression of transmitted pages.  It is my understanding that the FBI has the capability of diverting faxes, in whole or in part.

As a result, I have sent to your Office via FedEx a copy of all faxes I transmitted to you today.  The tracking number on this package, scheduled to arrive at your Office by 10:30 AM tomorrow morning, May 25, 2023, is 398749539251.

In order to avoid tampering with this package by FBI personnel, I asked the FedEx Assistant Manager, Shirley, to videotape my placing the pages inside an empty envelope.  My videotape, audiotape, and Shirley herself will be able to confirm that there are only papers within this mailing, and no other contents whatsoever.

I understand that the last time I attempted to send pages plus an audio recording device to your Office, the FBI attempted to tamper with the mailing.

Hopefully, my extra precautions will forestall any such attempt this time.

Please be apprised that the reverse of each page within this mailing bears a seal and a numbering system in my handwriting.  I apologize for any inconvenience this presents for scanning purposes.  

Assistant Manager Shirley watched while I affixed security seals to the manila envelope.  All contents were then placed inside a FedEx envelope for shipping.

While perhaps these extra efforts are unnecessary, I feel the endeavor to ensure that OIG Hotline investigators receive my communications in their entirety is worthwhile.  Investigators can decide on that basis what is most helpful to their efforts, as is their prerogative.

Most sincerely,

Lane MacWilliams




No comments:

Post a Comment