My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Monday, May 1, 2023

Further Communication to the Wells Fargo Board

Email to: boardcommunications@wellsfargo.com. From: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com. Date: April 29, 2023 at 11:08 AM 

Re:  Lane MacWilliams' Retention of All Privacy Rights, Including Data Deletion Rights

To the Wells Fargo Board:

I have reviewed the Important Information PDF that Wells Fargo Bank has incorporated into its Privacy Center, and I find its assertions to be of serious concern.

In particular, Wells Fargo's statement that "We may decline to honor a deletion request and instead retain personal data" stands in violation of both federal and state privacy statutes.

It is not legal for the Bank to require Wells Fargo consumers to relinquish their privacy rights in the very act of submitting a data deletion request which the Bank may subsequently elect to decline.

Further, Wells Fargo Bank has announced, in very fine print, that it is further eroding the privacy rights of any and all Wells Fargo consumers who elect to utilize online banking after May 24, 2023.

The Board should understand that, given its signatory status to Infragard, I suspect the Bank of acting in bad faith in this case.

As such, I have notified the Office of the Inspector General Hotline of the U.S. Department of Justice of my concerns.

I have requested that all recent communications from Wells Fargo be sent via USPS mail to me at the following address:  45 Vista Verde Way, Portola Valley, CA 94028.

I hereby reiterate to Wells Fargo Bank that I retain all of my privacy rights, and further, that my family members retain all of their privacy rights.

In the event that Wells Fargo Bank or any of its personnel have violated my privacy rights or those of my family members, the Bank is wholly liable to me for damages.

Further, I demand that Wells Fargo Bank honor my data deletion request in its entirety and on an immediate basis.

Americans have a reasonable expectation that the banks which hold their savings and checking accounts will not violate their privacy in a predatory capacity, whether independently or at the instruction of a third party.

As a whistleblower of FBI malfeasance in the form of the agency's perpetration of knowingly falsified law enforcement reporting for anti-democratic objectives, I have that reasonable expectation as well.

Wells Fargo Bank should be seeking to bolster its customers' privacy protections, not to evade them.  The Bank remains accountable in upholding federal and state privacy laws, and the Wells Fargo Board should understand that I will hold the institution to that accountability.

Thank you for your attention to this critical matter, of import to all Wells Fargo customers,

Lane MacWilliams

************************************************************************************



No comments:

Post a Comment