My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Wednesday, May 31, 2023

KPM 5/28/2023

 OIG Hotline, the following testament from my husband is herewith transcribed for ease of reading:

May 31, 2023

This is to verify that my wife Lane MacWilliams and I saw Dr. Theresa Chan of PAMF Urgent Care on Sunday, May 28, 2023.

The reason for our visit was that my wife was experiencing unexplained GI symptoms.

While at PAMF, we learned that my wife's blood pressure was markedly elevated as well.

Due to the fact that my wife had received threats of parasite exposure, we had a high suspicion that a GI parasite was the cause of her feeling unwell.

Dr. Chan examined my wife in my presence, finding that the lymph nodes in her neck were somewhat swollen.

Dr. Chan palpated my wife's abdomen twice, but found no abnormalities by touch.  Dr. Chan mentioned that no lymph nodes were swollen in that area and there were no other abnormalities either.

Dr. Chan did not recommend an ultrasound to my wife.  She never mentioned that this was indicated for any reason.

Dr. Chan expressed a lack of knowledge about IgG testing for parasites and had too many technical difficulties with her computer to order the IgG testing while we were with her.

She did recommend O&P testing, but my wife and I told her that we would order both tests on our own.

My wife made no mention of the FBI during our visit, but rather, focused on her clinical symptoms.

Following our visit with Dr. Chan on Sunday, I found a seller of a NordicTrack exerciser in San Jose, a workout machine my wife had requested for Mother's Day, and my wife and I traveled to San Jose together to examine the NordicTrack and complete the purchase.  The seller, a man named Norman Jew, appeared to be managing the sale for an absent neighbor.

All of our interactions with Dr. Chan and Mr. Jew on Sunday were honorable, respectful, and law-abiding in all respects.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct.

Kenneth P. MacWilliams                                                          5-31-2023





No comments:

Post a Comment