My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Friday, May 12, 2023

Update: May 11, 2023 Itinerary

Update:  OIG Hotline, due to obstructed Wifi access at my home, my husband posted roughly drafted material of this post on this site which was not intended to appear. I apologize for his error.  The post that appears below represents the material as it was meant to be presented herewith.

Thank you for your forbearance under this circumstance.




Lane MacWilliams

***********************************************************************************

OIG Hotline, on the morning of May 11, 2023, in order to improve my safety on leaving the house, I followed my husband in my own car into Los Altos, where he had a dental appointment at 7:00 AM.

I purchased gas at the Chevron on corner of First and Main, purchased a yogurt at Draeger's grocery, then returned to the Chevron when I realized that my left rear tire was flat.  The gas station attendant kindly assisted me in refilling the tire.

After that, I returned to the dentist, where I left a message for my husband that I was continuing my errands.  It was slightly before 8:00 AM, and I wanted to arrive at FedEx in Mountain View when they opened on the hour.

There, I faxed multiple affidavits to the OIG Hotline, posting transmission confirmations on my blog.

Afterwards, I received threats pertaining to a staged car accident on the way home.  I texted my receipt of these threats to my husband, who responded briefly.

I assessed that it was too dangerous for me to travel home at that time.

As a result, I drove to the Stanford Shopping Center, where I had lunch at World Wraps, and, following that, purchased some clothes (first shopping trip for clothes in a few years), receipts here attached.

To be specific, at Macy's I tried on four items and purchased three; at Neiman Marcus, I tried on four items and purchased two; at Nordstrom's, I tried on one item and purchased two.  At Bloomingdale's, I tried on nothing and made no purchases.

The saleswomen at Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom consolidated my purchases in my Neiman Marcus bag, so I would not have so much to carry.

Shortly after 5:00 PM, I texted and called my husband on my cell phone to ask whether he might accompany me home.  I noticed that my location was pinged when I did so.

I waited for my husband to reach the area by remaining in my car, which was parked in a parking garage next to Macy's.  I was located there by a vehicle with all-black windows (illegal in the state of California) at approximately 6:30 PM.  The driver did not park and did not leave his vehicle, but remained stationary in the throughway with his lights shining directly on my car.  I immediately left the garage, and met my husband at the Ladera Shopping Center in Portola Valley.  Afterwards, we traveled home without incident.

All of my actions on May 11, 2023, as always, were law-abiding and honorable in all respects.

This information will be prepared and notarized as an affidavit as soon as I am able to do so.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct.




Lane MacWilliams

***********************************************************************************





No comments:

Post a Comment