My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Tuesday, May 23, 2023

OIG Intervention Requested: Urgent Email to the Board of Wells Fargo Bank

  OIG Hotline investigators, it appears that Wells Fargo Bank has engaged in intentionally misleading communications regarding the unwanted "conversion" of a Wells Fargo credit card from American Express to Visa, in a manner that may severely compromise my privacy rights.

I have endeavored to sever all connections to Wells Fargo under my name due to the Bank's changing privacy policy tomorrow, May 24, 2023.

Only this morning have I learned that Wells Fargo's Customer Advocacy Department's assurances that all credit card accounts have been cancelled was false information.

Please intervene on my behalf if you are able.  I consider this matter of high importance to my future ability to advocate for the civil liberties and human rights of others.

Most sincerely,

Lane MacWilliams

**********************************************************************************

 Email sent to: boardcommunications@wellsfargo.com  From: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com  Date: May 23, 2023 at 10:55 AM

Re:  Wells Fargo Board Immediate Action Required Re: Cancellation of Wells Fargo Visa

To the Wells Fargo Board:

Please consider this a formal, legal communication to the Wells Fargo Board and management.

This letter serves to inform the Board that I have removed my name from all Wells Fargo accounts due to Wells Fargo's impending change in its privacy policy, which does not meet my needs as an FBI whistleblower.

As I have previously explained to you, far right segments of the FBI are aggregating and disseminating falsified law enforcement reporting concerning law-abiding American citizens, and I am providing material to the Office of the Inspector General Hotline of the U.S. Department of Justice in its investigation of this "insider threat" to our democracy.

As of yesterday, the process of removing my name from all Wells Fargo accounts, online access agreements, and credit card agreements should have been completed.  My name should not now be associated with any Wells Fargo services or products whatsoever.

Wells Fargo Bander Alex. T. Ofori-Atta has confirmed for me that my name has now been removed from all accounts, products and services related to consumer and business banking, and Bianca at Wells Fargo Customer Advocacy confirmed for me on a recorded line yesterday that my Wells Fargo American Express credit card (xxxx xxxxxx x8220) has been closed, and that no new Visa card "conversion" would be issued to me.

Yet today, when I spoke to Banker Pedram Ghaderpanahi at Wells Fargo Bank in Los Altos, CA, he informed me that Wells Fargo's Credit Department had been instructed to delay the cancellation of a newly issued "converted" Visa Wells Fargo credit card (xxxx xxxxxx x7696) until after Wells Fargo's new privacy policy has been initiated on May 24, 2023.

This information is unacceptable, and violates my rights as a consumer to manage my privacy preferences.

I ask that the Board immediately close Wells Fargo Visa credit card xxxx xxxxxx x7696 for which I did not apply and which I never approved.

To be clear, this closure must occur today, May 23, 2023, prior to Wells Fargo's change in its customer privacy policy tomorrow, May 24, 2023.

With this legal communication, the Wells Fargo Board accepts full liability for any and all breaches of my privacy that are perpetrated by Wells Fargo Bank at the direction of FBI/Infragard personnel or personnel from affiliates of any kind.

I wish to be clear in communicating that Wells Fargo's compromised stance in safeguarding consumers' privacy has led me to leave the Bank.

I hereby formally request that the Board notify me of any breaches of my privacy that have already occurred.  I may be contacted through USPS mail sent to Lane MacWilliams at 45 xxxxx xxxxx xxx, xxxxxxx xxxxxx, CA  xxxxx.

I further ask for the Wells Fargo Board's full cooperation with the Investigations Division of the Office of the Inspector General Hotline when it assesses Wells Fargo's actions relating to the safeguarding of my privacy rights as a longterm Wells Fargo customer.

Thank you for your immediate intervention in this matter.

Sincerely,

Lane MacWilliams


No comments:

Post a Comment