My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Sunday, September 17, 2023

Update: Armaeiti Fouladi, OD

OIG Hotline, my family member is currently seeing Armaeiti Fouladi, OD at LensCrafters in Menlo Park.

I will post updated information as soon as I receive it.

Most sincerely,




Lane MacWilliams

**********************************************************************************

Update:  OIG Hotline, from what I gleaned from my husband's account of his appointment, Dr. Fouladi appeared to have been pressured to convey that my husband's eyes are "fine."

She downplayed what was likely a retinal tear by starting that he had a "previously dry area" that should be healed in several more days.

She expressed to him that his discomfort should resolve entirely once the healing is complete.

I am grateful for your presence in this situation.

My husband has never experienced a retinal tear previously, and given the FBI's threats in this realm, it appears unlikely that this injury was a chance occurrence.

Dr. Fouladi did not use drops or invasive techniques of any kind.

Thanks to your presence in this situation, it appears that my husband's vision will be preserved.

In gratitude,




Lane MacWilliams


No comments:

Post a Comment