My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Monday, March 4, 2024

CADEM Zoom Call

OIG Hotline, I was able to join a CADEM Zoom call briefly today from 5:00 PM to 5:25 PM.

Though I had hoped to make calls on behalf of Rudy Salas' campaign afterwards, my cell phone was disabled without explanation between 4:58 PM and 5:24 PM.  Given that this was my sole means of extending calls on Mr. Salas' behalf, I signed off of the Zoom call at 5:25 PM.

I appreciated being included in the introduction to this event.  I did not speak, but I did allow my camera to function with a blurred background.  Accordingly, I hope that any participants approached by the FBI or its affiliates will have nothing to report.

Thank you to those who made this communication possible.  I valued this opportunity to hear the initial speakers, whose words were most welcome.

With appreciation,




Lane MacWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment