My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Tuesday, March 26, 2024

UPDATE: Impending Revision to Facebook Post

UPDATE:  Please see an update at the conclusion of this post.

*******************************************************************************

OIG Hotline, I will be attempting to log onto my Facebook account shortly in order to remove certain details from my recent Facebook post.  I will be providing my revised post information here as soon as that listing has been updated.

To be clear, I will not be engaging in messaging, either public or private, nor will I be engaging in chat groups on Facebook.

All of my activities, communications, conduct and intentions, online and everywhere else, have been and continue to be lawful and honorable in every way, shape and form.

I hereby contest the claims of any person who suggests otherwise as knowingly, willfully, and categorically false.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct.

Most sincerely,

Lane MacWilliams

*********************************************************************************

OIG Hotline, my Facebook post has been revised to omit specific figures at this time.  My attempts to include my revised Facebook post here are being blocked, as are my attempts to attach my revised text to an email sent to your Office's attention.

As the post remains viewable by the public, perhaps you can currently access it.

I will attempt to send it to your attention via email later today.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct.

Lane MacWilliams


No comments:

Post a Comment