My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Preservation of Evidence Request to "Ken" of "KLC Lawn"

OIG Hotline, "Ken" of KLC Lawn failed to provide me with his full name after myriad requests.  In this latest request, included below, he is asked at 2:01 PM on November 7, 2023 to provide me with his full legal name.  

"Will you please text or email me your full legal name, first and last?  I realize that "Ken" may be a nickname.  I just need your full legal name.  As soon as I receive that info, I can process the payment."

Nearly three hours later, at 4:49 PM, "Ken" changes the subject:

"I need you to verify you ...."

After multiple attempts to verify who "Ken" might actually be, with no evidence whatsoever of his name online as associated with "KLC Lawn," it appeared clear to me that "Ken" would not be revealing his true identity.

In our small towns of Woods Hole and Falmouth, business owners are normally eager to identify their names with their businesses.  This is not a detail to conceal.  They ordinarily place this information where everyone can find it.

Yet, all information regarding the personnel behind "KLC Lawn" on the company's website is missing.

One must also pause to consider the following:  a normal small business owner in Falmouth or Wood Hole would not remain in a dialogue with a customer who put forward a contractual list such as the one I extended to "Ken" via both text and email.  If they thought the customer were inventing a reality with which they were not familiar, they would simply cancel the job.

"Ken's" responses to my list of requirements, included in an email below, are highly unusual in that he never mentions my stipulation that he remove all harmful devices he placed on the property the day before.  There is no reference to "what harmful devices?" or "what third party?"

Nothing about this interaction represents honesty or good faith from "Ken," in my opinion.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct,




Lane MacWilliams





No comments:

Post a Comment