My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Saturday, November 4, 2023

Texts to my Husband Concerning His Safety

OIG Hotline, who does one call when there are two Phoenix personnel in one's home and the local Sheriff's Department is corrupt?  Who does one call when one's lawyer is being prevented from responding to one's requests for help?

My husband, brave soul that he is, is ready to charge into the attic and crawl space of our home without protection or preparation.

I have asked him to approach this situation differently in requesting that he wear a vest and helmet, in addition to protective arm and leg coverings, ear protection, etc. (Please see texts, below.) For your information, I have also purchased a megaphone, pictured below, so that I can give instructions to Phoenix personnel within our attic and crawlspace while still at a safe remove.

We are in our 60's.  It's not as though we're going to be wrestling with Phoenix personnel and have an outcome that is safe or protective of our family.  That's not realistic.

We are protected by a thoughtful and slow approach which gives Phoenix personnel every opportunity to peaceably exit our property and travel to the hospital for the care it is alleged that they require.

Given that no one else appears to be willing to help us manifest that solution on an immediate basis, even though we are entirely law-abiding, we need to attempt to render our home secure without outside support.

What should be happening?

There should be federal marshals attending to this issue, and my family should be incurring no addition risk whatsoever.

As I have expressed, the threat that the FBI and its affiliates may be transporting illegal substances, weapons, or victims onto our property appears to represent a real risk, and one which I do not believe can be ignored.

I do not believe this circumstance is sustainable.

So, those with the most ethical and noble motives -- and that would be my husband and myself -- must attempt to address this circumstance with integrity, courage, preparation, and insistence.

Most sincerely,




Lane MacWilliams




No comments:

Post a Comment