My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Saturday, November 4, 2023

Update Regarding Portola Valley Residence

OIG Hotline, my husband and I, taking various precautions, explored the attic and crawl space of our home this afternoon.  Much to my relief, these spaces are clear.  There appear to be no Phoenix personnel here whatsoever at this time.

This is tremendously reassuring, after have heard many sounds that appeared to be related to uninvited access to both of these spaces, including both human and mechanical sounds.

The immediate consolation is immense.

FBI affiliates do appear to allege that there is at least one, and likely multiple, DEWs within the vents of our home currently.  Supposedly, this is facilitating the disease vector with regard to Leishmaniasis, which requires the bite of a sand fly not native to our area -- and the exposure to various airborne pathogens.

The suggestion of elevated radon exposures and black mold exposures have recently been extended as new threats, in addition to mosquito-borne pathogens as varied as malaria and dengue fever.

Is there some pass-through of material from the exterior of the house to the interior crawl-space, such as through this screen cut-out leading to the basement, which I first observed on December 31 of 2022?


FBI affiliates have alleged that there are robotic devices that can assist the agency in various predatory endeavors toward the law-abiding American public.  They have specifically referred to electronic "spiders" which are used to transverse the interior structures of the walls and ceilings of residences.

I regret that this is not my area of expertise and I have not seen these devices first-hand.

Out of concern over the Leishmaniasis alleged to have been transmitted to some members of our family, including myself, I have begun to collect specimens of both flies and mosquitos found within the house.  These can be later analyzed if desired, and at least this evidentiary piece will be available to investigators if they need it.

Threats extended to me today by FBI affiliates have appeared to focus on arson, though whether these are centered on our Cape Cod home, our Portola Valley home, or both, remains unclear.

After having reassured myself, thanks to my husband's efforts, that my attic and crawlspace are clear, do I believe there ever were Phoenix personnel present within these spaces?  This is difficult to assess.  Could a robotic device beat on the interior of a door, making sounds akin to those of a human being?  I'm sure it's possible.

It seems clear that, when the FBI sends messages to a law-abiding "target of interest" to say "There's someone in your house" -- (and I did receive this exact message referencing my attic and crawlspace a myriad of times) -- there is an intent to terrorize good people.

What conclusions can we draw about a Counterterrorism Division that is terrorizing virtuous Americans?

That these individuals are unworthy of the public trust?

That they are unworthy of their badges?

That if lying has become a way of life for the FBI and its affiliates, segments of these agencies have lost their bearings?

In 1974, Victor Marchetti, formerly of the CIA, wrote the following:

It has been said that among the dangers faced by a democratic society in fighting totalitarian systems, such as fascism and communism, is that the democratic government runs the risk of imitating its enemies' methods and, thereby, destroying the very democracy that it is seeking to defend.  I cannot help wondering if my government is more concerned with defending our democratic system or more intent upon imitating the methods of totalitarian regimes in order to maintain its already inordinate power over the American people.

Has the Constitutional balance of power shifted since Mr. Marchetti's writing forty-nine years ago?

I don't believe so.  It's likely that the three-letter agencies' participation in campaign finance for Congressional campaigns has rendered the balance of power considerably worse.

At issue is the question of the check on the power of agencies such as the FBI and CIA.

In general, FBI and CIA personnel have been shielded from prosecution for crimes committed in the "service of the national interest."

But when is it in the "service of the national interest" to terrorize the law-abiding public?  To transmit Echinococcus multilocularis to a law-abiding American family?  Or Leishmaniasis?  Or other deadly diseases?

Who is actually served by the perpetration of such crimes?

And on what scale are they occurring?

And when a whistleblower is prevented from speaking with her attorney because of prior attorney/client privilege, which an ethical attorney refuses to violate, who exactly is rendered more secure?

It may be time for us to recognize that certain of the three-letter agencies are functioning as a fourth branch of government unanticipated by the Constitution in every regard.

How might the intelligence community be held to the standards of transparency and accountability we require of all areas of substantive governance?

It seems to me that the FBI desires that I take a hiatus from speaking publicly about its crimes against my family for the time being, until a meaningful dialogue about these wrongs can be established.  Yet, in suggesting that I be represented by attorney/informants, the agency continues to commit violations of my civil liberties.

Ought not I be able to confer with a lawyer whose ethics I consider to be aligned with my own?  An attorney with whom I have established prior attorney/client privilege?  An attorney like Charles Bowers?  Wouldn't he be ideally suited to open up a dialogue with investigators by requesting the OIG Hotline's findings?  Perhaps materials responsive to my FOIA request are part of those findings?

Without a trustworthy attorney on my side, I am unable to find out.

Perhaps the FBI and the CIA will see that it is in their best interest to allow me to confer with Charles Bowers, without placing him or his family members under any kind of threat.

If so, I know that I will have the OIG Hotline, the ODNI leadership, and President Biden to thank for that defense of my civil liberties.

Here's hoping that that gift may translate into the defense of democracy itself.

Most sincerely,






Lane MacWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment