My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Friday, November 3, 2023

Attorney Charles Bowers

OIG Hotline, I have attempted to contact a friend of mine, attorney Charles Bowers of Portland, Oregon, out of a desire to find someone to facilitate the removal of two Phoenix personnel from my home.  Apparently, Charles has so far been prevented by the FBI -- which initially contacted him in 2022 -- as well as the CIA, which is a new contact for Charles -- from reaching out to me in response.

The Phoenix personnel represent a serious security issue for my entire family.  In fact, I consider it urgent.

While my son Graham knows that these men are here, as he let them in on September 11th, my husband remains unaware of their presence.

Simply put, my family members cannot be safe to any substantive degree while these men are here.

I don't believe that any law-abiding American would consider it to be tolerable to have such individuals concealed within their home with such a malevolent intent, and for such a prolonged period.

Charles Bowers is a highly ethical person, and beyond this, he knows that I am a highly ethical person as well.

I believe that Charles can assist us in ensuring that these men leave my property peaceably and that they receive the hospital care they are reported to need.

But he cannot speak with me if the CIA is, as reported, pressuring him to sign informant and secrecy agreements in the FBI's stead.  Perhaps the ODNI might reach out to the CIA and patiently explain why obstructing attorney/client privilege and introducing perilous conflict of interest is unconstitutional.

To pretend that I represent any kind of security risk so that these agencies can deprive me of advocacy in this extreme circumstance is unconscionable.

In the absence of contact from Charles Bowers, I am unwilling to take the risk of trying to remove these men by myself or with the help of my husband alone.

The FBI has appeared to encourage me to contact an attorney of the agency's choosing, but I am not interested in dealing with anyone other than Charles Bowers at this particular juncture, given the ethics issues involved.

A failure to be honest, engaged, principled and thoughtful about this situation could lead to great harm.  So, the individuals I would consult regarding this matter are by no means interchangeable.

I appreciate being able to register these concerns with your Office.

Most sincerely,




Lane MacWilliams

************************************************************************************


No comments:

Post a Comment