My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Sunday, November 13, 2022

A Letter to my Son


Dxxxxx, love,

It seems that a number of acquaintances are coming under renewed pressure to provide falsified witness statements about your father and me to the FBI, given my stance as a whistleblower of FBI malfeasance.

I believe that investigators have made significant progress recently in gathering hard evidence of FBI misconduct in this matter.

However, that means that pressures on others to falsely report about us have increased.

Perhaps it would be wise to shield Mxxx from undue pressure from her FBI handler at this time.  She has already endured so much, and I do not feel she should be placed in a position to receive any further threats to her safety and well-being or that of her family members.

As someone who has received many thousands of death threats from FBI affiliates over recent years, I can simply say that -- to withstand such an onslaught requires extreme mental toughness.  And I'm really talking about a Navy SEAL category of psychological resilience.  Most people are not built this way.

Threats of this nature are criminal in and of themselves, and there's a reason for that.  Law-abiding American citizens are entitled to the peaceable enjoyment of their lives, and Mxxx is no exception.

Would you please explain to Mxxx that it may be safer for her and her family if we wait to share Thanksgiving until next year?

We will include her in our prayers as we join hands at our Thanksgiving table, and we will uphold her safety, security and well-being in all ways.  Please let her know that I cherish her and wish her to be protected.

I love you dearly,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment