My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Monday, November 28, 2022

Confirmation from San Mateo County that Lane MacWilliams' Vote Was Counted

 Despite the missing word "vote" in the email that follows herewith from the San Mateo County Registrar, I believe this constitutes confirmation that my vote in the Midterm Elections was counted.

The following emails have been transcribed for ease of reading:

From: registrar@smcacre.org. To: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com Date: November 27, 2022 at 8:39 AM

Good Morning Mr. and Mrs. MacWilliams,

Thank you for emailing us your concern.  I was to pull up Mrs. MacWilliams records.  According to our records, we received her ballot on November 6th and her (sic) was counted on November 8th.  Thank you for voting!

Sincerely,

Ziqi Li

Registration & Elections Division, 40 Tower Road, San Mateo, CA. 94402 Phone: 650-312-5222, Fax: 650-312-5348




**********************************************************************************

Email from: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com.  To: registrar@smcacre.org. Date: November 27, 2022 at 10:01 AM

Dear Ziqi Li

Thank you very much for this information.

Are you able to forward to me the confirmation email that ought to have been sent to my email address?

That would be a great help.

With appreciation,
Lane MacWilliams





No comments:

Post a Comment