My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Sunday, November 6, 2022

What Did Mr. Viktor Goldmakher's Letter Look Like on November 3, 2022?

1.  What did the original letter from Viktor Goldmakher look like when you saw it handled by postal officer Craig Shimosaku at the Menlo Park Post Office on Thursday, November 3, 2022?

Answer:  It looked like this photo from USPS informed delivery.  This picture, in black and white, was sent to me via email on October 20, 2022:


In actuality, when I saw Craig Shimosaku handling this letter, the Certified Mail stamp on the lower left of the envelope was green.

2.  Did Menlo Park postal officer Mr. Shimosaku make any changes to this envelope while you watched?

Answer:  Yes.  He handwrote the new delivery address as the following:  OIG Hotline, Investigations Division, 950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C.  20530.  Then he affixed the new address over the top of my own name and address, and he placed the new certified mail stamp very precisely over the old stamp in the lower left corner.

3.  Did you see him place new postage on the envelope?

Answer:  I believe he also did that while the envelope was in front of him on the counter.

4.  He did not address the actual envelop to include your name, even though your Certified Mail receipt says "Lane MacWilliams c/o OIG Hotline Investigations Division"?

Answer:  No, he did not include my name in his handwritten address on the envelope.  He just wrote "OIG Hotline, Investigations Division, 950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C.  20530."

5.  Did he affix anything else to the envelope?

Answer:  Yes.  On the reverse side, he placed a security seal over the envelope flap at my request.

6.  What did the security seal look like?

Answer:  It looked like the following, although the actual numbers were NO1859929.



7.  You provided the security seal to Mr. Shimosaku?

Answer:  Yes, it comes off of a spool like this:



I handed it to Mr. Shimosaku and he applied it to the envelope.

8.  You never touched Mr. Goldmakher's mailing?

Answer:  I never did, and postal officer Craig Shimosaku attested to that fact in writing.

9.  Are there any other details about the security seal?

Answer:  Yes, Mr. Shimosaku actually mishandled the seal in the upper left corner, so there was a visual flaw in the seal in that region.

10.  What did it look like specifically?

Answer:  I will try to duplicate the flaw and include a depiction of it here if I can.

11.  Mr. Viktor Goldmakher had emailed you that the contents of that envelope included a four-page lease, a one-page statement about the FBI, and a first rental installment in the form of a check for $11,340, is that correct?

Answer:  He did send me an email stating that, but when I saw Mr. Shimosaku handling the letter, I did not believe that it held more than one page of content, as it was razor thin.  It seems to me that perhaps the weight of the letter as sent by Mr. Goldmakher could be established by the $4.00 cost of his certified postage.  My own postage to the OIG Hotline was $4.60, so perhaps the differential was owing to the extra certified label attached over the first, the extra postage stamp attached over the first and the extra address attached over the first.

Mr. Goldmakher's emails to me confirming its contents are included here, with screenshots provided at the end of this post.

Previous Email Communications with Viktor Goldmakher:

Sent to: vgoldmakher@gmail.com. From: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com Date: October 24, 2022 at 7:24 PM

Thank you very much, Viktor.

May I ask whether your certified mailing to me contains anything other than the rental check, lease agreement, and your signed statement, the latter two of which you provided to me via email?

I appreciate your letting me know, Viktor.

All best,

Lane

*************************************

Sent to: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com.  From: vgoldmakher@gmail.com. Date: October 24, 2022 at 7:40 PM

Lane, I mailed all these in a single certified letter.  Have you received it?

Sent to: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com  From: vgoldmakher@gmail.com. Date: October 24, 2022 at 7:45 PM

Hi Lane, I just checked by tracking number.  As of October 20, it was at your local post office.  Perhaps you want to check with them.  My experience with USPS is that sometimes a certified letter is stuck on (sic) the local post office (they tried to deliver it, but nobody was at home).

**************************************

Sent to: vgoldmakher@gmail.com. From: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com Date: October 24, 2022 at 9:49 PM

Viktor, hi,

I will go into further detail.  But first, could you please confirm for me the exact and complete contents of your mailing? 

I am assuming that you sent the signed rental agreement and your signed statement, both of which you have now provided to me via email, along with the rental check due November 1, 2022 for  $11,340.

I am further assuming that you sent nothing else whatsoever in this mailing.

Is this correct? 

Thank you for clarifying,

Lane

****************************************

Sent to: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com. From: vgoldmakher@gmail.com. Date: October 25, 2022 at 3:14 AM

Hi Lane,

Yes, this is exactly what I sent you, nothing else.  Do you really believe that I am trying to do something sneaky?  Not at all.  Everything is fine.  You just need to go to the post office and retrieve the letter or they will make a couple of more attempts to deliver it and if you are not in they may send it back to me.  USPS became much worse than it used to be.

Best,

Viktor

**************************************

Sent to: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com From vgoldmakher@gmail.com Date: October 25, 2022 at 3:26 AM

Lane, do not worry, the letter most likely is at the post office, and you will retrieve it from there, just don't delay, or they could send it back to me.  Worst comes to worst, this is what will happen.  In this case I can resend you everything including a duplicate check by a regular first-class letter, and then there will be no problem with delivery and it will be cheaper.  I can do it soon.

Viktor

*************************************

12.  Why was this letter important?

Answer:  My stalker alleged to me that it contained information consistent with the FBI's knowingly falsified law enforcement reporting about either my family or myself.  He further alleged that the contents were intended by the FBI to falsely justify a violent law enforcement raid on my home.

13. Do you now believe the FBI took possession of that letter from the Menlo Park Post Office?  Or do you think it traveled all the way to Washington, D.C. over the course of a day and half after Thursday, November 3, 2022?

Answer:  I think this letter probably contained evidence that was so condemnatory of the FBI, the agency would never have allowed the document to leave the Menlo Park Post Office.  I don't think the agency would have taken the chance that investigators could have obtained it through the U.S. mail system.  

14.  Do you think Menlo Park postal officer Craig Shimosaku knows what happened to the letter?

Answer:  I think he likely knows that his FBI handler took it out of the Menlo Park Post Office, yes.

15.  And following that, it seems that FBI personnel falsified the letter's whereabouts in the U.S. mail?

Answer:  Given that the Palo Alto Post Office provided me with written documentation that the letter was in Washington, D.C. on the morning of November 5, 2022, and I have a screenshot indicating that the USPS alleged the letter was at the Menlo Park Post Office at the same time, it seems clear that the tracking of this letter was falsified, yes.  More than once.

16.  Do you believe the FBI has engaged in active obstruction of justice in impeding an active investigation of the agency's malfeasance?

Answer:  I do.  I think agency personnel have likely committed many, many other crimes connected to the FBI's willful engagement in falsified law enforcement reporting for anti-democratic objectives.  But yes, I think obstruction of justice  and evidence tampering can now be added to that rather ignominious list.

17.  So, in many ways, the FBI appears to be functioning as organized crime.

Answer:  That would appear to be the case, regrettably for all of us.  The FBI has come to define the most pressing "insider threat" our country has known since the Civil War.

18.  It's certainly not patriotic for the agency to be lying about law-abiding Americans as false justification for causing them harm.

Answer:  No, it's certainly not.

************************************************************************************





**********************************************************************************

At the end of my posts regarding the unlawful actions of far-right personnel within the FBI, I will be adding the following statement.  The FBI is a deeply divided agency.  There are many FBI employees who view their vows to the Constitution with the utmost seriousness and honor, and who strive to defend the fundamentals of our democracy with courage, fortitude and commitment.  The fact that some segments of the FBI appear to have embraced a lawless course is not a justification to assail the FBI in general.  The safety of FBI agents should be protected, just as the safety of the American citizenry should be protected.  As President Joseph R. Biden has so rightly expressed, violence is never justified in any circumstance.  The rule of law must always be honored and upheld.  It is our shared determination to preserve the civil liberties and human rights of ALL AMERICANS that renders the United States a democracy.  We must never abandon this promise.  All of our most cherished freedoms depend upon it.

No comments:

Post a Comment