My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Why the Difficult Truth of FBI Corruption Must Be Revealed

OIG Hotline investigators, my thoughts at this time are with those who have recently lost loved ones in alleged predation by FBI affiliates.

Such losses are difficult to countenance for us as benevolent Americans; nonetheless, the truth of their cause should be vigorously sought, in my opinion.

The difficult truth should never translate to the concealed truth.  That path can lead to human rights violations perpetrated by the very personnel which have committed to uphold the Constitution against those who oppose its democratic foundations.

My stalker often alleges that many Americans don't want the truth, as with the post that follows:


I understand as much as anyone the desire to view all FBI personnel as honest, protective and benevolent. Our sense of safety on a personal level, and, indeed, our sense of stability as a society, is partly predicated on the worthiness of those who carry badges, authority, and the public trust.

Yet, certain members of the FBI appear to have disturbing affiliations with the far right and Russian-affiliated organized crime, as demonstrated by my stalker's influence over segments of this agency.

Whether those affiliations have led to the "targeting" of innocent American citizens through falsified law enforcement reporting for anti-democratic objectives is an extremely serious matter.

Sometimes, as now, the truth may not reassure us.

Yet, I would suggest that the difficult truth is all the more necessary to those of us who wish to preserve our democracy against those with totalitarian objectives.

The truth is not a compromise, a mediation, an interpretation or a conceit.

The truth is the foundation of a democracy that insists on the preservations of civil liberties and human rights for all of its citizens, not a select few.

I had wished to write today about my husband's virtue, because this is a man who is worthy of my most heartfelt, thoughtful defense against false allegations.

And, while I will accomplish this task soon, this afternoon, I simply wish to thank you for all you are doing to illuminate the "insider threat" that segments the FBI have now come to represent within our beloved country.

Today claims my contemplation of this struggle for the soul of our nation, and my manifest grief for those who, through no fault of their own, have been rendered "targets" in a battle they never chose.

So many of the FBI's "targets of interest" are simply people.  

Daughters. Nephews. Sisters. Cousins. Aunts.  Fathers. Sons.  College students.  

They possess all the inalienable rights of every American citizen.

As we uphold their human rights, so, too, we uphold our own.

I will close by saying that five years ago, I encountered a criminal predator in my physical therapist's office.  What began as a young man's efforts to prey upon me as a "prospect" for his organized crime cabal -- including many members of local and federal law enforcement -- has turned into something quite different.

When a woman who has been preyed upon by corrupt law enforcement personnel finds her footing in her defense of the democracy, the legitimacy of her voice should be upheld.

I have rallied to my strength, as I expect that American citizens are capable of rallying to theirs.

The truth will be necessary to all of us in our insistence that all Americans are due the respect, the honor, the privacy, and the sovereignty that our forefathers envisioned for us when they framed our Constitution.

The indisputable facts will help us to illuminate for the American electorate this "insider threat" to the future of our democracy.

Americans may not find those facts "reassuring."  But they will surely find them necessary.

In gratitude for your ongoing efforts in this investigation,



Lane MacWilliams

************************************************************************************

At the end of my posts regarding the unlawful actions of far-right personnel within the FBI, I will be adding the following statement.  The FBI is a deeply divided agency.  There are many FBI employees who view their vows to the Constitution with the utmost seriousness and honor, and who strive to defend the fundamentals of our democracy with courage, fortitude and commitment.  The fact that some segments of the FBI appear to have embraced a lawless course is not a justification to assail the FBI in general.  The safety of FBI agents should be protected, just as the safety of the American citizenry should be protected.  As President Joseph R. Biden has so rightly expressed, violence is never justified in any circumstance.  The rule of law must always be honored and upheld.  It is our shared determination to preserve the civil liberties and human rights of ALL AMERICANS that renders the United States a democracy.  We must never abandon this promise.  All of our most cherished freedoms depend upon it.

No comments:

Post a Comment