My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Who Is Obstructing the California Public Utilities Commission?

 To the California Public Utilities Commission:

This is to confirm the content of a phone conversation I had a few minutes ago with Shelly in the Consumer Affairs Branch.

I expressed to Shelly that I am receiving death threats directed toward myself and my family members in pressuring me to drop my complaint with the California Public Utilities Commission.

I have been told that Nate Torsch of Cal Water is a "family man" who would "lose everything" if this complaint is investigated.

I expressed to Shelly that I believe the threats I am receiving to be highly unlawful and inappropriate.

Further, I expressed that the CPUC's delay in assigning an investigator to this matter is substantively exacerbating the dangers to my family.

I made clear to Shelly that I have no intention whatsoever of dropping my complaint with the CPUC.

Others have expressed to me that there has been an assiduous and ongoing attempt to discredit my character and veracity through communications with certain members of the CPUC.  I cannot speak directly to these falsehoods, as I have not been given the opportunity to know their content.  I will simply say that the use of misinformation in this effort to obstruct my complaint is, in and of itself, highly unlawful.

It is my understanding from having spoken to Carolyn in the CAB on Friday, March 25, 2022, that complaints to the CAB are assigned to an investigator within 48 hours of receipt.  My 38-page complaint was faxed to the CAB on Saturday, March 26, 2022.  Two business days have now elapsed from the time of that transmission.

Again, the delay of the CPUC in assigning an investigator to this case is greatly exacerbating the risks of substantive harm being borne by my family members and myself.

I formally request the immediate assignment of an investigator to this complaint.

Shelly conveyed to me that she would be contacting a supervisor to request that the assignment of an investigator be expedited.  She requested my home telephone, with which I provided her, so that a supervisor could call me with the investigator's name.  I am currently awaiting that communication.

Most sincerely,

Lane MacWilliams

cc:  Office of the Inspector General, U.S. Department of Justice

No comments:

Post a Comment