My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Monday, April 4, 2022

Regarding the Good Men and Women Within the FBI

 To the Office of the Inspector General Hotline, U.S. DOJ:

This letter is to inform the OIG Hotline that I have, of my own free will and initiative, elected to unpublish  a blog post dated April 1, 2022.

Having just learned that members of the FBI had falsely accused me of the crime of terrorism, I responded in a state of shock and dismay.

I realize that the truth of the internal workings of the FBI is quite complex.  Many agents, I believe, disagree with the target of interest program.  Some agents, I believe, have endeavored to protect me from the harms their supervisors have asked them to perpetrate.  Others have quite heroically attempted to shield me under circumstances that placed them at risk.

I hope that my writings will convey my appreciation for those who have engaged with this remarkable journey with demonstrated respect for our President, the Office of the Inspector General, our Constitution, and the rule of law.

I hope that I can adequately thank those within the FBI who support full disclosure of the truth to the American public.

I know they're present.

Most sincerely,

Lane MacWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment