My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Thursday, June 16, 2022

Vox Clamantis in Deserto



Some organizations demonstrate institutional humility, a willingness to be wrong at times, as everyone is wrong at times, and a receptivity to self-examination and change.


The FBI has not shown itself to be one of them.

 

Recently, the FBI publicly admitted having purchased NSO’s hacking software known as Pegasus. However, the agency leadership following by saying that the software had never been used by the FBI.

 

What is the truth of this matter?  The truth is that the FBI purchased Pegasus software for the purpose of engaging in massive surveillance of American citizens and others.  Once it learned the software internally, it hired contractors to engage in the actual “work” of the surveillance, and then purchased the information, unlawfully gained, directly from them.

 

In most cases, the FBI has taught contractors how to use Pegasus in the process.

 

The FBI’s purchase of Pegasus contravened its guarantees to Congress and the executive branch that it would not do so.  Still, this agency felt comfortable utilizing funds from the public treasury to violate the privacy of millions of Americans in ways the public has not yet grasped.

 

Similarly, with regard to the matter of falsified law enforcement reporting, the FBI is highly unlikely to admit its fault regarding this matter.

 

Christopher Wray cried a few crocodile tears in front of Congress over the FBI’s falsified victim statements regarding the U.S. gymnasts.  What he didn’t say is that the FBI is engaged in extensive, ongoing and expanding falsified law enforcement reporting through corruptions of the Nationwide Suspicious Activity Reporting Initiative and the FBI's unconstitutional "target of interest" program.

 

For the FBI to claim that a woman who has had one lifetime intimate partner is a prostitute?

 

For the FBI to claim that a woman who has never once used illegal or recreational drugs in her 60 years on the planet is a drug manufacturer and dealer?

 

For the FBI to claim that a person who is a defender of the vulnerable is a predator toward children?

 

For the FBI to allege that patriotic, law abiding Americans are engaging in acts of “espionage” and “terrorism”?

 

These represent crimes of knowingly falsified law enforcement reporting which are impossible for the FBI to defend.


And I regret to state that I am informed the FBI has committed each and every one of these crimes against me personally.

 

The violations of the Constitution in these claims and their resultant harms are so egregious as to be immediately recognizable as gratuitous and unconscionable acts.

 

Would the FBI and its affiliates engage in violence before admitting to their crimes of falsified law enforcement reporting against the law-abiding American public?

 

Unfortunately, it appears the FBI would.

 

How can victims of the FBI’s crimes defend themselves against the malfeasance the FBI is perpetrating against them?

 

If the Freedom of Information Act is indeed broken, abandoned and unenforceable, then Americans’ civil liberties have already been forfeited.  They just don’t know it yet.

 

If the FBI is free to engage in plans of first-degree murder against law-abiding American citizens such as my husband and myself, then our human rights have already been sacrificed.  Americans are simply unaware.

 

Democracy only has an opportunity to survive if criminals within law enforcement are held accountable for their crimes.

 

So, I must ask, why are the FBI’s abuses being allowed to continue?

 

Why is the law-abiding citizenry of the United States being allowed to serve as unwilling victims of the FBI’s scheme of falsified law enforcement reporting for anti-democratic objectives?

 

Is there anyone capable of enforcing the Freedom of Information Act in immediately requiring the fulfillment of my FOIA Request #1496758-000?

 

I have been asking this question for one year and one month, as of today.

 

Why have my pleas gone unanswered?

 

Why has the FBI been allowed to pile lie upon lie upon lie in alleging falsehoods about my husband and myself through threats and bribes extended to coerced “informants” and “witnesses”?

 

Why is the FBI being enabled in these disgraceful predations toward my family and toward the American public?

 

Who has the power to hold these criminal agents within the FBI to immediate account?

 

Who has the courage to speak out about the crimes being committed as the result of far right infiltration of the FBI and affiliated agencies?

 

Who has the integrity to articulate to the public the urgent need for transparency and accountability on behalf of our democracy?

 

Because right now, I am “vox clamantis in deserto”   -- one voice crying in the wilderness.

 

And that is not what democracy sounds like.

 

At all.

 

Am I indignant to have been falsely accused of “espionage,”  “terrorism,”  “prostitution,”  “child predation,”  “drug dealing,”  “drug manufacture,”  and “mental instability” by criminal agents within the FBI?

 

I am indignant.

 

But that indignation requires prompt legal, public recourse.

 

I cannot hold this line alone.  

 

Such a task is impossible, and the very fact that I have had to strive so heroically for so long in the search of a simple FOIA fulfillment constitutes an horrendous wrong.

 

I am asking for immediate, peaceable, determinative intervention from a government office with the appropriate authority to demand the FBI provide me with an unredacted fulfillment of my FOIA Request #1496758-000.

 

My safety and that of my family demands that this intervention occur forthwith.

 

For the ten thousandth time, I am asking for help.

 

For the love of God, for the love of our country, for the love of the Truth, who will answer me?

No comments:

Post a Comment