My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Wednesday, September 21, 2022

UPDATE: A Facebook Notification Regarding Access

OIG Hotline investigators, I have re-established two-factor authentication on my Facebook account, as Meta requested of me, below, on September 21, 2022.

Please notify me if I can further assist your access to my account.

Most sincerely,




Lane MacWilliams

************************************************************************************

OIG Hotline investigators, I received the following notification from Facebook's parent company, Meta, this afternoon, appearing to indicate that I will be forced to reinstate two-factor authentication on my Facebook account by September 27, 2022.  

My Facebook account will remain accessible for the time being, but I will abide by this deadline.

Having said that, I hereby formally grant OIG Hotline investigators my full permission to access my Facebook account at any time they so desire.

I am sure that investigators are free to proceed of their own accord.  But if any other documentation should be required for the OIG Hotline Investigations Division to obtain full access to my Facebook account, please let me know.

I will be happy to provide whatever supporting attestation will assist.

I grant this permission to OIG Hotline Investigations Division of my own fee will and accord.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct.




Lane MacWilliams

************************************************************************************

The following document is transcribed for ease of reading.

Email from:  advertise-noreply@support.facebook.com To:   lanevonherzen1@gmail.com

Date:  September 21, 2022 at 1:43 p.m.

Re:  Secure your account to keep access

Hi Lane,

If someone compromises your Facebook account, they could take control of business assets like ad accounts, Pages, lines of credit or the Business Manager.

To continue managing Meta Business Accounts and assets, you'll need to turn on two-factor authentication by September 27, 2022.

Failure to turn on two-factor authentication will result in restricted access.

Two-factor authentication is when we ask for a verification code in addition to your password if we notice a login from an unrecognized device or browser.  This makes it harder for others to gain access to your account and take control of your business.




No comments:

Post a Comment