My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Monday, September 12, 2022

A Request for Protection for My Youngest Son and His Girlfriend

OIG Hotline, I am informed that xxxx xxxxxxxl is coming under immense pressure from her employer and the FBI to accede to an agreement that would afford secrecy to those who have harmed her in return for a financial consideration.

This pressure should not be permitted.

This young woman, together with my son, has suffered grievous harm at the hands of her FBI handler and personnel affiliated with her employer.

That harm should not be rendered secret before she and my son have had the opportunity to recover from the injuries they have experienced.

Sufficient time in which these two young people can assess their health and well-being should be afforded to them as a matter of human decency.

The FBI should be forbidden from discussing "resolution" with these individuals at this time, as should the employer involved.

These entities need to understand the gratuitous harm they have caused to two law-abiding American families.

And they need to demonstrate respect for those they have repeatedly victimized in this situation.

Please assist my son and his girlfriend in ensuring that they are not pressured by the FBI nor by their employers to extend superficial "forgiveness" to the unforgivable.

These matters of civil liberties and human rights pertain to all Americans, not merely those members of our two families.

The democracy I am calling upon to protect these two individuals is the democracy all Americans require to protect their family members alongside mine.

The perpetrators of these crimes should not be excused, in my opinion.

The victims of these crimes should be in all matters protected from additional pressure, coercion, interference and harm.

Most sincerely,




Lane MacWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment