My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Digital Visibility Concepts: When a Social Media Advertising Company Lies For the FBI

1. Why did you hire Digital Visibility Concepts?

Answer:  My life was being threatened daily, and I needed to improve my sense of safety and that of my family.  I felt that I might be able to develop an audience for a blog about the matter of falsified law enforcement reporting.  Public engagement in this issue seemed necessary, both from a personal standpoint, and from the point of view of the civic interest.

2.  Did DVC coordinate a Facebook ad campaign for your blog, The Godfather Conversations?

Answer:  Seemingly, they did.  However, longer term, I realized that the ad campaign was likely a sham.  I didn't think the Facebook ads were actually running.  The blog's audience seemed manufactured in various ways.  DVC's and Facebook's analytics didn't convince me.

3.  What was the main reason you believed the ad campaign on the part of both DVC and Facebook was a sham?

Answer:  The ads were completely ineffective in increasing the audience.  In communicating about this issue, I included among the recipients an employee within DVC who seemed to me to possess genuine integrity.  She stood apart from others with whom I interacted at DVC, without question.  Her name was Taryn Bailey.  At one point, the Sales Director at DVC, Laura Cohn, lied to me in writing by saying that Taryn had taken a position with another company and was no longer with DVC. (This email is included below.) I think I connected with Taryn via LinkedIn at that point (I'm not currently active on LinkedIn) and saw that she was still a DVC employee.

Now, why would Laura Cohn lie about this?

4.  Why did you think she would lie?

Answer:  From this standpoint, it's fairly easy to perceive that DVC had been contacted by the FBI, and that DVC and Facebook were running a sham ad campaign at the FBI's direction.  And I will simply say that, given that my life was and is under daily threat, this obstruction of communication with the public is a serious matter.  Beyond this, there is the issue of falsified law enforcement reporting being utilized by the FBI as justification to actively suppress the public's knowledge of falsified law enforcement reporting. The FBI had committed slander and defamation against me by communicating knowingly falsified information to DVC and Facebook.  And DVC and Facebook were committing fraud on that basis, it appears.

5.  Are you certain that Laura Cohn lied?

Answer:  Yes, because two days later, a DVC employee named Tanya wrote me an email stating, "Taryn and management received your email with your concerns regarding the performance of the ads vs. the expected goal."  DVC had clearly realized that I had connected with Taryn via LinkedIn and immediately understood that Laura Cohn had lied in writing.  They needed to walk back that prevarication, so they used Tanya to do so.

6.  How do you feel about the FBI's ability to obstruct your online communications?

Answer:  It represents a further extension of the agency's interference with Americans' constitutional liberties. To control emails, phone communications, ad campaigns for blogs, journalists' dialogue with sources, the language and placement of major newspapers' stories regarding matters of politics and national security  -- all of this augers toward a totalitarian state in which information is highly censored.

7.  Do you believe the actions of DVC and Facebook comported with the rule of law?

Answer:  Absolutely not.

8.  Do you certify that the foregoing is true and correct?

Answer:  Yes, I do




Lane MacWilliams

*********************************************************************************

The pertinent emails below are transcribed for ease of reading.  The emphasis regarding Taryn Bailey is my own.

Sent from: laura@digitalvisibilityconcepts.com. To: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com Date: April 12, 2021 at 6:42 a.m.

Hi Lane,

Thank you for writing.  I'm Laura Cohn the Sales Director for DVC.  Taryn took a position with another company and is no longer with our company.  I'm happy to assist with what you need.

I've passed your email to our Director of Operations so he can look into your account and have your CSM give you an update.  If you would like to discuss anything further with me, please let me know.

Best,

Laura Cohn

(800) 589-7346 ext. 111

(424) 272-7539

**********************************

Sent from: tanya@digitalvisibilityconcepts.com. To: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com Date: April 14, 2021 at 5:03 p.m.

Hi Lane, 

Taryn and management received your email with your concerns regarding the performance of the ads vs the expected goal.

(Further content omitted in this transcription.)

Tanya Quiros

SMA Customer Success Manager

(800) 589-7346 ext. 142

(424) 512-4818




No comments:

Post a Comment