My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Tuesday, September 13, 2022

A Tale of Two Uncles

1.  You have two uncles, Norman Von Herzen, and Michael Herzen, both of whom became compromised by the FBI through the "target of interest" program.  Is that correct?

Answer:  Sadly, it is correct.

2.  How did Norman become compromised?

Answer:  I need to say first that I love my uncles.  Norm stood by me during the years I cared for my father, who developed vascular dementia.  He was loyal to my father, always protective of his well-being, always available to me for consultation about the best course of his care.  I greatly admired the way he conducted himself as a loving brother to my father, and this admiration stands intact in its entirety.

Having expressed that, my uncle Norm is a supporter of Donald Trump and his ideology, which I consider to represent political extremism, as President Biden has so thoughtfully expressed.  Members of the far right are fairly easily co-opted by the FBI, in my observation.  

The FBI ruined my relationship with my Uncle Norm by engaging in the usual slander and defamation of "targets of interest."  Likely, my uncle doesn't realize that films can be faked using current AI-technology. I'm sure he found the content of the defamation, whatever it was, to be horrifying.

3.  Did you fall out of touch with your Uncle Norm?

Answer:  I did, yes.  It became clear to me that a third party was paying some of my Uncle Norm's bills relating to the terminal illness of my cousin Kristen, his daughter.  And whether this was Infragard or the Masons, of which my Uncle Norm is a member, was not certain. (I will add, parenthetically, that my stalker claims that the Masons are fairly central in the FBI's perpetration of its "target of interest" harassments.). In any case, my Uncle Norm was apparently accepting compensation from those who had engaged in falsified law enforcement reporting toward me.  Under those circumstances, to communicate with him was to incur a substantive risk of harm to my immediate family and myself.

4.  Were you able to say goodbye to your cousin Kristin, who died of cancer?

Answer:  Due to the actions of the FBI, I was not.  Nor was I able to support my Uncle Norm during that period of time.  If the FBI had not interfered in our family life, I would have been able to fly to Southern California and assist my uncle and cousin in person.  The FBI rendered that gift of time and compassion impossible.  There's no way to measure the damage perpetrated by the FBI in circumstances such as these.   And one must ask in what manner the agency believes that such malfeasance on its own part in actively harming the relationships within loving American families supports any aspect of national security.

5.  Are you offended by the actions of the FBI regarding your Uncle Norm?

Answer:  Immeasurably.

6.  What about your Uncle Mike?

Answer:  Mike Herzen and his wife Margaret Herzen come from the opposite end of the political spectrum.  They are liberal Democrats, previously quite expressive about their political views, although this no longer the case.

7.  Why not?

Answer:  The FBI threatened to ruin the lives of their daughters, Elena and Juliana Herzen, if Mike and/or Margaret did not cooperate with its demands for falsified witness statements regarding me.

8.  What was the result of the FBI's threats toward the Herzen family?

Answer:  I haven't seen them since.  So, those loving family relationships have been damaged extensively.

9.  Did your Uncle Mike ever discourage you from seeking San Mateo County Case Report #19-11840 and other materials responsive to your FOIA request?

Answer:  Repeatedly.  Beyond that advice, which was not at all reflective of his long held views as someone committed to Americans' civil liberties, he actually told me, "You might as well give up the search, because you are never going to get those reports."

10.  How did that make you feel?

Answer:  All the more determined.  I knew those words did not truly represent my Uncle Mike's opinion, but rather, communicated the wish of the FBI leadership that its falsified law enforcement reporting could continue unexposed to the American public.  So, my Uncle Mike's words actually served to increase my resolve.

11.  How do you feel about your Uncle Mike and your Aunt Margaret?

Answer:  I love them, of course!  I wish they had never agreed to join hands with dishonest personnel within the FBI, and further to that, I wish they had never accepted compensation from such unscrupulous individuals.  But that doesn't change my knowledge of my aunt and uncle as virtuous people.  They are virtuous people who have been unlawfully threatened.

12.  Do you believe those threats are continuing?

Answer:  I do.

13.  Why?

Answer:  My stalker has communicated that the FBI has employed aggressive tactics in witness tampering.  The agency is highly motivated not to have its corruption of the Nationwide Suspicious Activity Reporting Initiative and its affiliated "target of interest" program exposed to the public view.  As a result, one must anticipate that the FBI will exert all the pressure on witnesses it possibly can.

14.  Will you ever see your uncles and aunt again?

Answer:  If this truth of the FBI's engagement in falsified law enforcement reporting for anti-democratic objectives can be exposed, yes I will.

15.  You sound determined.

Answer:  Determined.  Focused.  Insistent.  Convinced.  Patriotic.  Dedicated.  Undaunted.

16.  Do you hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct?

Answer:  I do.




Lane MacWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment