My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Monday, September 12, 2022

Why Are Some Posts Now Appearing With Redactions?

Because those I love are under threat.

Until you have received tens of thousands of threats, with a portion of them realized to cause agonizing harm, directed toward those you love, please understand me when I say I am exercising my best possible judgement in a circumstance with pressures that are beyond the experience of most people you have encountered in your lifetime. 

My redactions are not retractions.

I stand by everything I have said as true and correct.

My husband is entirely law-abiding and honorable, as am I, as are our sons.

I will write this ten thousand different ways until I am believed and upheld in my truth-telling.

We are honorable, compassionate, kind, articulate, thoughtful, law-abiding, engaged American citizens who support the rule of law, the Constitution, our intrepid President Biden, the Honorable Avril Haines of the ODNI, and the OIG Hotline of the U.S. Department of Justice.

Those who know us hold these truths to be self-evident.

The very idea that the FBI would be coercing others to attest to anything otherwise is heartbreaking in the extremity of its corruption, frankly.

No law-abiding American citizen should be harassed and harmed in this manner by a federal law enforcement agency.

The aggression and deception is beyond wrong.  It is a gross distortion of our most cherished principles as a democracy.

People, I ask that you keep faith in the faithful.

I am worthy of your abiding confidence and your deepest trust.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct,





Lane MacWilliams


No comments:

Post a Comment