My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Saturday, May 25, 2024

Letter to Attorney Anne Taylor

OIG Hotline, this letter is to document the importance of preventing the FBI and/or its affiliates from taking possession of my documents and/or electronic devices, given the alleged involvement of these agencies in the crimes perpetrated in Moscow, Idaho in November of 2022.

I have expressed my concern that the parents of the four college students who were victims of these crimes should have as much information about this matter as possible.

I have also expressed my desire that the FBI should immediately address the rights of an individual who appears to have been falsely accused in this matter.

If the FBI wishes to engage in a confidential dialogue with the Court, now would be the time for that to occur.

Below, please find my communication today with Attorney Anne Taylor, Mr. Bryan Kohberger's legal representation in this matter.

Thank you for your ongoing support regarding this matter.

Most sincerely,

Lane MacWilliams

Sent to: kcpd@kcgov.us

From: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com

May 25, 2024 at 4:45 PM

Dear Attorney Taylor:

Yesterday, May 24, 2024, I shared the information below with Stacy Chapin, mother of Ethan Chapin, one of the victims fo the quadruple murder of which your client, Bryan Kohberger, stands accused.  Out of respect, I wanted to reach out to the parents of the victimes prior to contacting you directly about this matter.  (Please note that Ms. Chapin represents my only contact with the parents.  I do recognize the extreme sensitivity of this matter for everyone involved, and not least for Mr. Kohberger.)

It is not my desire that my records or electronic devices pertaining to this matter should be confiscated by the FBI or its affiliates, given their alleged involvement in the facilitation of this crime.

I have asked the FBI to immediately engage in communication with the Court and with you in order to fully disclose the agency's involvement in this atrocity, including the manner in which the Moscow Police Department was co-opted in the aggregating of knowingly falsified law enforcement reporting concerning the victims.  Mr. Kohberger himself was no doubt targeted with knowingly falsified law enforcement reporting, the content of which would have been shaped by the FBI, well before the crimes occurred, with false witness statements likely being drawn from a wide spectrum of his friends, acquaintances, and professors.  This material is locally aggregated at first, but quickly disseminated nationally through federal information-sharing programs HSIN, N-dex and/or LEEP.  It should be available to you ande Mr. Kohberger through a Freedom of Information Act request unless the FBI improperly obstructs its release to you.

I have expressed to the FBI my belief that anyone falsely accused of a capital crime or crimes through the Phoenix Program should be immediately released, with all charges dropped.

The liability of the FBI toward anyone victimized in this manner, and toward his family, would need to be appropriately addressed.

If the FBI should fail to accept accountability for its involvement in this matter, I would ask that you reach out to me directly, please, so that I may assist you with fact-finding in a manner that would preserve evidence in this case, as well as evidence pertaining to other concerns of falsified law enforcement reporting as knowingly perpetrated in conjunction with the Phoenix Program and the related "target of interest" program.

I must express to you and Mr. Kohberger that I am deeply distressed over what he and his family have suffered, alongside the other victims of this crimes.  He has been as egregiously targeted as they were, in my opinion.

It is due to the fact that I and my family members have been under constant threat to our lives, relating to this issue, that I ahve been unable to communicate directly prior to the current time.

I had hoped my communications to the Office of the Inspector General Hotline of the U.S. DOJ in late 2022 and 2023 would have been sufficient to exonerate Mr. Kohberger, and I am profoundly concerned that this was not the case.

I have made myself available to the families of the four victims, and I also make myself available to your Office in order to share any and all information that could assist in the illumination of the truth of this matter.  

I have expressed to Ms. Chapin that which I also express to you, which is the following:  should the FBI attempt to discredit my truthful account to your Office, please press onward.  FBI technologies facilitating falsified law enforcement reporting are astonishingly realistic and convincing.  Yet, like those utilized to falsely implicate Mr. Kohberger, they remain untrue.

Most sincerely,

Lane MacWilliams

Letter to Stacy Chapin attached.




No comments:

Post a Comment