My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Saturday, March 23, 2024

Courage and Integrity in a Settlement of $16.8 Billion Against the FBI and the CIA

It is my understanding that thanks must be extended to the OIG Hotline for negotiating a 4.2 billion dollar settlement on my behalf with the FBI concerning the agency's knowing perpetration of falsified law enforcement reporting for anti-democratic objectives.  

I am further informed that, following this achievement, the ODNI settled with the CIA for an identical amount, based on the same negotiated agreement.

And, when both the FBI and the CIA continued to perpetrate further knowingly falsified law enforcement reporting concerning my family and myself, both the OIG Hotline and the ODNI assessed penalties identical to the original settlements, for a total settlement against the FBI and CIA of 16.8 billion dollars.

I look forward to direct contact from the OIG Hotline and the ODNI concerning these settlement contracts in every detail.

But, for the time being, I wish to express my appreciation to everyone who worked on these negotiations, along with the investigations that determined the facts of this matter, in insisting that programs based on falsified law enforcement reporting for anti-democratic objectives will not be tolerated by the law-abiding American public.  Our democracy is too important to allow these lies to extend corruption any further through our federal and local law enforcement entities, our fusion centers, and the myriad contractors, affiliates and informants who have knowingly contributed falsehoods about virtuous Americans to the wayward "Target of Interest" Program.

President Biden and Vice President Harris, together with many other ethical leaders within the Democratic Party, have taken a principled stand on this issue in defense of our national freedoms, our human rights, and our individual sovereignty.

They deserve the public's gratitude for the courage and integrity they have demonstrated regarding this issue.

They have certainly earned mine.

Thank you for advocating so fiercely on behalf of the freedoms that render our lives filled with the potential, free will, and self-determination that represent the American promise.

Because of President Biden, Vice President Harris, the Honorable Avril Haines and the Office of the Inspector General Hotline of the U.S. Department of Justice, democracy will now have its chance.

It's a chance we must uphold with great integrity.

As our nation finds itself poised at this crossroads between autocracy and democracy, we would do well to remember that the choice to preserve our Constitutional liberties will not return.

Our opportunity to uphold freedom of speech, freedom of peaceable assembly, freedom of the press, the right to privacy, and the right to face any accuser in an open court of law stands before us now.  Not next year.  Not after the election in November.  Not after the quarter century.  

Now.

Are we worthy of the honesty, self-reflection, compassion for our fellow Americans, and courage that will be required of us in the journey that illuminates the truth of this matter?

I believe we are.




Lane MacWilliams



No comments:

Post a Comment