My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Saturday, July 8, 2023

Documentation of an Apparent Bribery Attempt

OIG Hotline, I regret to report an apparent bribery attempt which has appeared in my gmail inbox at lanemacwilliams@gmail.com.  

A realtor named Rhagav Ghanagam appears to be offering "TrustVon"-- a presumed reference to my mother's Trust, of which I was executor -- $425,000 for a property I do not own in the state of Texas.

My mother did own mineral rights in Texas. However, they are currently non-producing and do not have a dollar value.

Obviously, I will not be responding to Mr. Ghanagam.  I'm certain he has determined some plausible deniability regarding this offer.

But, I am concerned by this attempt, as such offers of unlawful remuneration are never good news.

I have informed my husband about this issue, and he fully approves of my disclosure of this information herewith.

I hereby certify that this information is true and correct.




Lane MacWilliams

************************************************************************************

I include herewith a portion of the offer that was extended to me.  For investigators' reference, this material was sent as attachments to an email describing a pre-approved offer of a real estate purchase sent to lanemacwilliams@gmail.com yesterday at 4:03 PM.  I moved this communication to my Trash folder promptly, where it still exists.  Mr. Ghanagam followed up with another email to lanemacwilliams@gmail.com this morning at 8:20 AM.




The following is the first page (initialed) of an eleven page contract for the sale of a property I do not own:



Again, I hereby certify that this information is true and correct.


Lane MacWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment