My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Unscheduled Visit by PG&E

10:00 AM

OIG Hotline, this is to document an unscheduled visit to our property several minutes ago by a PG&E service technician.  He stated that he was responding to my email to PG&E yesterday afternoon.  Please note that my email specifically requests that we not be disturbed at our property, but, rather, that corrections be made from their point of origin, at PG&E's hardscaping facility on Vista Verde Way.

I spoke to this technician through an upstairs window, and my son witnessed our dialogue.  In addition, this conversation was recorded for documentation purposes.

I expressed to the PG&E technician that, following my email to PG&E yesterday afternoon, the combustion sounds relating to our gas burners had been corrected.

I also related that the orange color of the burners, which I noted last Tuesday, June 27th, was corrected after 4:00 PM on the same day.

I suggested that he check the PG&E hardscaping facility on Vista Verde Way to ensure that the gas mix leading to our residence was correct, and further, that there were no concerning particulates within the gas mix.  He stated that the PG&E facility on Vista Verde Way was "not his area" and he would have to convey that suggestion to a supervisor.

Following herewith is the service report he left at the door.  His name on this report is listed at Mitch and the Confirmation/Field Order # is 6473625522.

My conversation and actions toward this technician were lawful and honorable in all respects, and Mitch witnessed nothing illegal, inappropriate, or suspicious during his visit to our property.

I hereby contest the claims of any person who suggests otherwise as knowingly, willfully, categorically false.

I will place this statement in an affidavit when I am able to do so.  Until that time, I would appreciate it if Mitch is disallowed from filing a falsified witness statement with the FBI intended to prompt an unjustified law enforcement raid at our home.

I hereby certify that this information is true and correct.




Lane MacWilliams

************************************************************************************


No comments:

Post a Comment