My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Thursday, July 6, 2023

O'Connor Hospital's Duty of Care

 


Email sent to: Gregory.colburn@och.scvh.org. From: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com. Date: July 5, 2023 at 11:41 PM

Re:  O'Connor Hospital's Duty of Care

Dear Medical Director Colburn:

My son Graham MacWilliams was turned away from your Emergency Department on June 22nd, 2023 by Dr. Christopher Campbell.  Graham was experiencing abdominal pain and elevated bilirubin due to cystic pathology that is demonstrated in the attached photos of a reported liver ultrasound from El Camino Hospital.

Others have told me that El Camino failed to image Graham's liver and instead provided us, for unknown reasons, with ultrasound images of his galbladder instead.

I have reason to believe that Graham -- along with our whole family -- experienced a wrongful exposure to the dangerous parasite Echinococcus multilocularis.  

I attempted to express my concerns of Graham's exposure to a dangerous parasite to Dr. Campbell on June 22nd.

I was informed, following our visit to O'Connor Hospital, that Dr. Campbell, at the directive of FBI agent Txx Lxxxx, falsely reported to the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office that he considered Graham and/or me to be "dangerous" or "unstable," both of which are patently untrue assertions.

I stand as a whistleblower of FBI malfeasance in the form of the agency's perpetration of knowingly falsified law enforcement reporting for anti-democratic objectives.  Unfortunately, Txx Lxxxx, in a retaliatory and devastating act, appears to have endangered the lives of my whole family by arranging for our exposures to Echinococcus multilocularis.

On June 20, 2023, O'Connor Hospital determined that I had eight cysts on my liver, in a pattern that is entirely consistent with Echinococcus multilocularis.

I have not had follow up care with O'Connor Hospital's ID referral, despite my repeated calls.

The falsified witness statements to local law enforcement by O'Connor Hospital staff on June 22, 2023, serve to endanger my family's lives.

Together with Dr. Chrisstopher Campbell's failure to grant my son Graham a thorough ultrasound exam, O'Connor Hospital grossly violated its duty of care to him -- as well as to me.

It is important for O'Connor Hospital to understand that, after Graham was turned away from your emergency room by Dr. Christopher Campbell, he felt that the betrayal of fundamental care required of medical providers was so great that he expressed an unwillingness to subject himself to further medical attention, no matter the degree of his pain or suffering.

If my son is ultimately diagnosed with Echinococcus multilocularis, as I believe he will be -- or any other serious illness which could have been easily identified on June 22nd with the abdominal ultrasound we expressly requested -- O'Connor Hospital in general, and Dr. Christopher Campbell in particular, will need to explain their choices to my family in a way that makes sense to us.

The alleged falsified witness statements provided by O'Connor Hospital staff at the directives of corrupt FBI agent Txx Lxxxx and his colleagues will need to be separately addressed.

Accordingly, I would welcome O'Connor Hospital's respectful, ethical, and truthful communications at this time concerning its failure to fulfill the duty of care to my son on June 22, 2023.

As part of this communication, it would be appropriate for O'Connor Hospital to immediately withdraw all falsified witness statements provided to local or federal law enforcement as directed by Txx Lxxxx and his colleagues.

Beyond this, it is critical for O'Connor Hospital to ensure that my family's follow up care is expert, objective, private, immediate, and upholds patient safety in every regard.

Thank you for your thoughtful engagement with this important matter.

Sincerely,

Lane MacWilliams

************************************************************************************


No comments:

Post a Comment