My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Email to Ms. Lisa Davison, Patient Experience Representative, El Camino Hospital

 Email sent to: patient_experience@elcaminohealth.org. From: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com. Date: July 11, 2023 at 12:02 AM

Re:  ATTN: Ms. Lisa Davison Re: El Camino Hospital's Ongoing Duty of Care

Dear Lisa Davison, Patient Experience Representative:

I am in receipt of your letter dated July 7, 2023, here attached.

Please allow me to express that I appreciate your engagement with this matter.

I remain concerned that, despite El Camino Hospital's apparent acknowledgment that radiologist Dr. Srinivasan lied to us about our son's medical condition under direct guidance from a corrupt FBI employee, and with an offer of remuneration from Infragard in return for this deceit -- the larger problem of El Camino Hospital's abrogation of the duty of care toward my son has not been addressed.

Dr. Allegakoen also lied to us about our son's medical diagnosis.

And so did the two physicians who pressured my son, who was still jaundiced and in pain, to agree to be discharged from the hospital on June 13th, because, according to them, he was currently "fine" and experiencing "no medical problems." Rather, they made every effort to characterize his problem as psychological in nature, going so far as to give my husband a Risperidone prescription to fulfill for my son on an outpatient basis.

These actions were taken despite the fact that El Camino staff knew that my son was suffering from cholecystitis, and very likely, from cysts on his kidneys as well.

I would like to document that the medical literature agrees unanimously on the fact that cholecystitis is severely painful.  That pain its not the result of delusion, though it may well be the result of medical neglect.

Given the scale of malfeasance in this case, I have requested the active assistance of El Camino Hospital in obtaining abdominal ultrasound appointments for Graham and our other family members at UCSF on an urgent basis.

Yet, this request has been ignored by your office.

Ms. Davision, El Camino Hospital's duty of care toward my son has been unconscionably abandoned.

My son remains at risk of gallbladder rupture, a life-threatening emergency, because of El Camino's betrayal of that duty of care.

El Camino Hospital should not be extending thank-you's regarding our experience with a view toward improving internal procedures.  El Camino Hospital should be attempting to immediately address my son's urgent medical needs resulting directly from its failure to engage with the duty of care toward him from June 10th through June 13th.

I'm very sorry that corrupt FBI agent Txx Lxxxx wrongfully instructed your staff to lie to our family about Graham's diagnosis, and to do so for profit.  I'm even more sorry that they chose to accede to his unlawful requests.

But those faults are neither mine nor Graham's.

Re-engage with my son's welfare, please, for which El Camino Hospital as a whole bears unequivocal and ongoing responsibility.

I respectfully request your prompt reply by return email.

Sincerely,

Lane MacWilliams

************************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment