My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Tuesday, March 14, 2023

 Safety Concern

OIG Hotline investigators, my internet access since mid-morning today and for the rest of the day on Tuesday 14 March 2023 has been obstructed.   My attempts to connect to the internet through my CAT5 line have resulted in the following notification: 

You Are Not Connected To The Internet.

Another device on the network is using your computer's IP address (192.xxx.xxx.xx).

Try connecting again later.  If you continue to have problems, change the IP address of this computer or the address of the other device.  Contact the network administrator if you need more information.  

It appears that FBI affiliates may be actively impersonating my identity at this time by using a network identifier that is identical to my broadband connection as well as appropriating my IP address. 

Given FBI affiliates' long-stated intention of provoking a harmful law enforcement raid on my home, I am concerned for my family's safety at this time, as well as my own.  

In addition, please be informed that, at 3:23PM and 3:34PM this afternoon, I received two voicemails on my home line from an identical caller, who appeared to be suggesting that I should speak with her concerning unclaimed funds relating to my father' estate.  

Due to the fact that my father passed away more than 7 years ago, I consider these calls to represent a potential bribery attempt.  The caller appeared to be Chinese in ethnicity.  She identified herself as "Gretchen" from SC Fund Recovery.  Her caller ID was listed as 415-406-6291, though she gave her callback number alternately as 626-639-1520 and 626-635-1520.  

It occurs to me that these calls could easily represent attempts by far-right FBI personnel to falsely allege an overture of remuneration for a crime or crimes of which we know nothing.  

Certainly, the obstruction of my communications at this time, together with an indication of online identity impersonation, is of substantive concern.  These factors combined with a possible bribery attempt could contribute to a sudden raid on the part of corrupt law enforcement officers.  

It is safe to say that we remain concerned for our fundamental security at this time.

I herby certify that the forgoing is true and correct. 

Lane MacWilliams

(Prepared on Lane MacWilliams behalf by KM)

No comments:

Post a Comment