My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Monday, March 27, 2023

Email to Kara Smith at CPUC Consumer Affairs Branch

Email sent to kara.smith@cpuc.ca.gov, consumer-affairs@cpuc.ca.gov  From: lmacwilliams77419@gmail.com. Date:  March 27, 2023 at 4:02 PM

Re:  CPUC/CAB Complaint Pertaining to CableCom

Kara, thank you for your call and for this follow up letter as well.

I know you mentioned over the phone that only the FCC regulates cable companies, but California Public Utilities Code Section 768.5 gives the CPUC the authority to regulate cable companies for safety purposes.  This is a safety complaint.  Therefore, I resubmit it to the CPUC for a complaint against CableCom.

I have already faxed this material to you, so you should be able to document it as formally received by those means on the same date as the PG&E complaint, March 23, 2023.  Attached herewith, please find fax transmission confirmations of both complaints, together with newly notarized complaint affidavits.

Please respond to me with a separate Complaint File Number with regard to CableCom's malfeasance in this matter.

Thank you very much for your prompt cooperation regarding this important safety concern.

Sincerely,

Lane MacWilliams

*As a reminder, PG&E's assigned complaint number is #587934.

cc:  OIG Hotline Investigations Division

*************************************************************************************


No comments:

Post a Comment