My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Details of the Wider World

1.  How were you able to go to FedEx unaccompanied today?

Answer:  My husband connected four car cameras to my vehicle last night, and I was wearing a body camera as well.

2.  Did you have any problems sending faxes from the FedEx in Menlo Park?

Answer:  Yes, my first three attempts were obstructed due to "technical difficulties."  Only after much persistence did the fax begin to transmit successfully.

3.  Did you keep the transmission confirmation?

Answer:  Yes.  Here it is:


4.  Was there anything else unusual about your excursion today?

Answer:  After I sent the fax to the OIG Hotline, I signed onto one of FedEx's computers, checked my emails and blog, and then signed into Amazon.

5.  Were there red flags in that process?

Answer:  There were many notifications that my accounts were not private and that someone could be attempting to steal my personal information.

6.  What did you take that to mean?

Answer:  That I really couldn't spend time relaxing in a public space -- that there might be pressing safety and security concerns.

7.  Did you notice anything unusual when you left FedEx?

Answer:  When I walked out of the store at 1194 El Camino Real in Menlo Park, a female Menlo Park police officer was waiting in her vehicle at a red light on the cross street Oak Grove Ave.

8.  What caught your attention about that?

Answer:  She appeared to be actively trying to shield her face from my view.

9.  In what way?

Answer:  She seemed to be aware of my location at the same time that she was covering her face with her left hand.  

10.  Did you take down any identifying information as a result of that odd behavior?

Answer:  Her license plate was California 552853.

11.  What exactly happened to you yesterday when you were returning home on Los Trancos Rd.?

Answer:  It appeared as though there was an attempt to create a staged car accident. An eighteen-wheel truck was abandoned in my lane immediately around a hairpin turn, at the same time that a woman in a white sedan was tailgating me.  To my left, twenty feet up a driveway, there was a pedestrian spotter/witness I had seen before.

Soon, a PG&E truck came speeding down the road behind me in the wrong lane.  It seemed that any kind of collision could have resulted in a catastrophic accident due to that third factor.

12.  Who was the bystander you had seen before?

Answer:  The man who appeared at my door one day falsely claiming to be a PG&E employee named Sarah Morrone.

13.  Was "Sarah Morrone" an actual PG&E employee?

Answer:  No, he wasn't.

14.  And you saw him standing in a by-road yesterday, apparently determined to witness a crash.

Answer:  Yes.

15.  How were you ultimately able to pass the abandoned eighteen wheeler safely?

Answer:   A small truck sped around it in the oncoming lane, so I quickly tucked in behind that driver.

16.  After you passed the eighteen wheeler, what happened?

Answer:  A bright red EMT vehicle from the Woodside Fire Protection District passed me, heading downhill toward the site of the near-accident.

17.  Were its emergency lights on?

Answer:  No, but it was traveling briskly, nonetheless.

18.  You have received many threats relating to morphine overdose administered by EMT personnel, haven't you?

Answer:  Yes, I have.

19.  What else happened?

Answer:  There was a white truck with its hazard lights on parked at the right shoulder.  I had the feeling this vehicle was a spotter, so I pulled in behind it.

20.  And what happened?

Answer:  The driver immediately fled.

21.  You originally thought this vehicle was a municipal truck from San Mateo County, but, on checking the photograph you were able to take with your cell phone, it was something else.

Answer:  It was a Cal Water truck.  Here's my photograph as the vehicle was rapidly pulling away from the scene.  ) Incidentally, in the left of the frame, my camera captured the white sedan that had been tailgating me earlier, just prior to rounding the bend to encounter the eighteen-wheeler.)




22.  You have witnessed an inordinate number of Cal Water trucks close to your home recently.

Answer:  Yes, I have.

23.  Does that concern you, given Cal Water's apparent malfeasance in conjunction with PG&E a number of months ago?  Are you regularly testing magnetic ELF levels in your home?

Answer:  Yes, and yes.

24.  Have you noticed anything else unusual within your neighborhood recently?

Answer:  State-of-the-art drones are still launching and landing at 21 Vista Verde Way every night.

25.  Who do you think is orchestrating those flights?

Answer:  I have no idea.  But this is the vehicle that was parked outside of the residence this afternoon in the rain.  It has a license of 7L47374.










26.  Have you trained yourself to notice everything now when you go out for excursions in the wider world?

Answer:  It's a necessary skill, given the circumstances.

27.  Do you have faith that your circumstances will improve?

Answer:  There are some wonderful people in Washington who are aware of this situation, so, yes, I have faith that this issue can be illuminated to serve a greater good.

28.  And that is your goal -- to serve a greater good.

Answer:  Always.  Individual challenges can always be marshaled toward serving the welfare of others.

29.  Do you hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct?

Answer:  I do.


Lane MacWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment