My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Monday, March 13, 2023

Update: PG&E Request to Connect to Gas Line at 45 Vista Verde Way

Update:  It seems that, in addition to the threat of gas line rupture, there are threats of heightened EMF exposures connected to PG&E's/Comcast's projected work immediately outside our residence at 45 Vista Verde Way.

I will be measuring EMF exposures regularly to ascertain whether these levels rise.

Most sincerely,




Lane MacWilliams

*********************************************************************************

OIG Hotline, this is to document that, a short time ago, "Lynn" from PG&E rang the doorbell to ask to connect to my residential gas line at 45 Vista Verde Way.

"Lynn," who refused to give her last name, stated that a Comcast cable crew planned to be excavating the cable line immediately in front of our home, and further stated that she needed to access our residential gas line as a result.

Due to repeated threats I have received relating to PG&E, which is signatory to Infragard, I did not allow "Lynn" to connect to our residential gas line.

I have serious concerns about any plan by Comcast to be excavating the cable line in front of our home.  We have received no advance notification of any such excavation, and the need for this work is unexplained.

While "Lynn" provided no alternatives to connecting to our residential gas line at our house, it seems to me that PG&E maintains responsibility for ensuring that gas leaks and/or ruptures do not occur.

In addition, this assurance of safety should not involve tapping into a residential gas line at a PG&E consumer's home.

While "Lynn" disappeared fairly rapidly after I asked her for alternatives to tapping our residential gas line, I would have liked to ask her further about safeguards PG&E is willing to employ should Comcast's work threaten to rupture our gas line.

My conversation with "Lynn" was documented in its entirety and can be made available upon request.

Given the potential for serious safety hazards in this circumstance, it may be helpful if OIG Hotline investigators are able to engage in communication with both PG&E and Comcast concerning this issue.  It seems that recent dialogue among PG&E, Comcast, and FBI personnel may be germane.

Thank you very much for any assistance investigators can provide.

Most sincerely,




Lane MacWilliams


No comments:

Post a Comment