My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Saturday, March 18, 2023

Update: Retrieval of Acceptable Mail, March 18, 2023

Update:

OIG Hotline investigators, my husband Ken MacWilliams removed the security seal from our locked residential mailbox this afternoon, unlocked the door, retrieved acceptable mail while leaving Jim Mellano's/AFE's letter undisturbed and unopened under two heavy books, replaced the interior alarm, relocked the mailbox and placed a new security seal over the exterior lock, all while filming the process with the body cam I have already conveyed to your ownership.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct.




Lane MacWilliams

***********************************************************************************

March 18, 2023

OIG Hotline investigators, my husband will soon retrieve acceptable mail from our locked mailbox, through a procedure identical to that we employed last time, in which my husband will film his removal of the seal, and then film his handling of each piece of mail.  

As last time, he will leave the letter from AFE's Jim Mellano within the mailbox, replacing the interior alarm, locking the mailbox, and placing a new exterior seal over the lock.

I will update this blog to document that process.

The ownership of this letter has been conveyed to the Investigations Division, as you know.  We look forward to transferring it into your physical possession as soon as you request it.

Most sincerely,




Lane MacWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment