My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Trespass by a Unknown Individual, March 8, 2023 at 8:20 AM

This is to document the presence of a pedestrian who entered the top of our driveway at 45 Vista Verde Way at approximately 8:20 AM this morning with the apparent intention of investigating the entrance to our home or our home itself.  The pedestrian appeared to be female, and was wearing a purple all-weather coat with a hood, along with dark slacks.

This individual was not paying a neighborly visit, as the duration of her foray was overlong, and her trespass onto the property was too significant.

All of the neighbors on Vista Verde Way have access to a phone directory linked to addresses, so any concern about alarms or other issues can be discussed over a simple phone call.

I am under the distinct impression that this individual may have been directed in her actions, as we have not experienced this sort of daytime boundary violation before.  We do have no trespassing signs posted at the driveway entrance due to problems with FBI affiliates entering the property in the past.

The possibility exists that this individual was paid to file a false informant report for the FBI or its affiliate law enforcement organizations.

I witnessed this individual's intrusion onto the property only because my husband was attempting to fix my computer's printer, near a front window, at the time that she appeared.

This is to confirm that, as always, my husband and I were engaged in lawful, honorable activity within our home at the time of this individual's trespass.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct.




Lane MacWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment